Leon Draisaitl or Johnny Gaudreau?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Ha. I guess it's Mcdavid that chokes under the pressure of playoff hockey and disappears when it counts. Right, Oil fans? I mean... you guys made it sound like great logic when using this argument in your favour.

except we factor in his rookie season last year when he put up 51 points as a center as well
not just the playoffs and regular season of 2016-17

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
except we factor in his rookie season last year when he put up 51 points as a center as well
not just the playoffs and regular season of 2016-17

Wasnt his rookie year.
But what does that have to do with anything I said anyway? Or how does that change the fact that your logic can be used against Mcdavid in the same way?
And if Drai was so awesome last year, why were the Oil a lottery team?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Draisaitl put up 9 points in his rookie season.
fine...1st full season

Wasnt his rookie year.
But what does that have to do with anything I said anyway? Or how does that change the fact that your logic can be used against Mcdavid in the same way?

because they were missing Klefbom and McDavid for half the season for starters.
their defense wasn't good enough
Talbot hadn't established himself as a #1 goalie

a myriad of reasons that have nothing to do with Drai having a great 1st full season

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Ha. I guess it's Mcdavid that chokes under the pressure of playoff hockey and disappears when it counts. Right, Oil fans? I mean... you guys made it sound like great logic when using this argument in your favour.

Wasnt his rookie year.

Laine fan calling another player one dimensional. How ironic.

Blowing a 2-0 lead in a playoff series is nothing to brag about.

If Mcdavid gets hurt... Oilers pick first overall again. Better hope Draisatil isn't relied on to lead your team.

I like how all these posts contain some pathetic pot shot. You know you're making a great argument when it's being resorted to that.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
fine...1st full season

because they were missing Klefbom and McDavid for half the season for starters.
their defense wasn't good enough
Talbot hadn't established himself as a #1 goalie

a myriad of reasons that have nothing to do with Drai having a great 1st full season

Still you have gone off topic. Not arguing with you about how terrible Drai and Oil are without McD.

The point of my post that you quoted and completely ignored, was Mcdavid must be a terrible playoff performer who disappears moreso than Gaudreau since he has a lower playoff PPG, right?

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
Wasnt his rookie year.

I would be more worried about who is gonna lead the Flames without any injuries.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I would be more worried about who is gonna lead the Flames without any injuries.

This is becoming a common theme. Oiler fans refusing to acknowledge the point they have made over and over in this thread can be directed at their lone star player.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004

The point of my post that you quoted and completely ignored, was Mcdavid must be a terrible playoff performer who disappears moreso than Gaudreau since he has a lower playoff PPG, right?

Did Gaudreau have to carry around Kesler all over the ice and have to deal with the Ducks making a game plan just stop him?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Still you have gone off topic. Not arguing with you about how terrible Drai and Oil are without McD.

nope, McDavid was sub-par by his lofty standards but his team had a decent run in the playoffs
I'll forgive him him since this was his first time in the playoffs

Gaudreau was flat out brutal against the bigger and stronger Ducks and was essentially a non-factor

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
How exactly is Draisaitl on another level? Ability to play center, throw hits and take faceoffs does not change one's production or talent.

LD had a good playoff run. Playing behind and flanking the best offensive talent in the league. I'll be interested to see how he looks next year. If the Oilers want to be a contender, they need him to carry his own line.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
nope, McDavid was sub-par by his lofty standards but his team had a decent run in the playoffs
I'll forgive him him since this was his first time in the playoffs

Gaudreau was flat out brutal against the bigger and stronger Ducks and was essentially a non-factor

[Yt]p0SeQ9DZAYY[/MEDIA]

I guess we have short memories of Gaudreau's first playoff appearance.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I remember when Hartley benched him for the 3rd in game 1 cause the big bad Ducks were feeding the Flames their lunch in that series :laugh:

still my favorite Gaudreau clip

It was a 6-1 game and Hartley thought Ducks were taking cheap shots at his star.

My fave Gaudreau clip is him scoring twice in 16 seconds against the Oilers.
Im sure you have seen that one.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
What about he neutral fans saying it? I dont even thinks its "AINEC" but its not just Oiler fans. I could easily quote you a couple.

Fine. Some fans saying AINEC are out to lunch. There are quite a few Oilers fans saying it. Some more reasonable ones, as is the case with every fan base.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Remember when Gaudreau fed Lindholm his lunch?

Man you are right. What a non-factor.

Maroon also made Lindholm look like a pylon in this clip at 0:50, not sure your point. Even good D like Lindholm get beat and look foolish every now and then. Gaudreau was for the most part a non-factor in both series he played against the Ducks.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
This thread's not going anywhere. Talking bad about LD or JG adds nothing to the discussion.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Maroon also made Lindholm look like a pylon in this clip at 0:50, not sure your point. Even good D like Lindholm get beat and look foolish every now and then. Gaudreau was for the most part a non-factor in both series he played against the Ducks.

Was he a non-factor when he scored the game trying goal with 20 seconds left in game 3? And then set up the play on the game winner?

My point is that he's very much been a factor in the playoffs despite certain Oilers homers claiming the contrary.

I can only imagine what kind of factor he'd have been had he not had Kesler, Silfverberg, and Cogliano draped all over him. The same is true of McDavid as well. But unlike Gaudreau, McDavid and Draisaitl each have much more offensive support and aren't tasked with carrying the entire offensive load of their team.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Did Gaudreau have to carry around Kesler all over the ice and have to deal with the Ducks making a game plan just stop him?

Yes and yes. If you watched the series you would realize that Kesler always matched up against Johnny, also after the Ducks won the series Andrew Cogliano told Roger Millions during his interview was that their gameplan was to neutralize Gaudreau. Maybe you should research before posting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad