Proposal: Leon Draisaitl for Rasmus Dahlin

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Edmonton does this to clear cap space and to take a gamble on a potential #1 D-man.

XXX team gets a guaranteed #1 Center, playoff beast who's locked up long term and who can be an immediate impact to a struggling team.

Past #1 overall Defensemen.
  • 2014 - Aaron Ekblad
  • 2006 - Erik Johnson
  • 1996 - Chris Phillips
  • 1995 - Bryan Berard
  • 1994 - Ed Jovanovski
  • 1992 - Roman Hamrlik

Last edited:

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Whoever wins the first pick isn't trading Dahlin for Draisaitl. There's probably only about 4 players in the league he'd get traded for, maybe 3.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Dahlin is said to potentially be a generational defenceman. Only asset that gets him guaranteed is McDavid, outside chance at Matthews

I compare him personally to Lidstrom and Ray Ferraro said he defends like Lidstrom, skates like Karlsson. Nobody is trading that pick.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
0% chance the other team does that. Also since when is Drai a playoff beast? He's played in exactly one playoffs, no?

Reactions: Flyerfan52

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Yeah Dahlin is a possible generational defenseman, No way do i see any GMs doing a Draisaitl for Dahlin deal.

If Edmonton bombs the rest of the season and is in a position to draft Boqvist. I'd draft Boqvist and offer Nurse, Draisaitl, 2019 1st for Dahlin.

Dahlin Larsson
Klefbom Boqvist

Lord Jesus, that would be a scary D core for the next 10 years

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If Edmonton bombs the rest of the season and is in a position to draft Boqvist. I'd draft Boqvist and offer Nurse, Draisaitl, 2019 1st for Dahlin.

Dahlin Larsson
Klefbom Boqvist

Lord Jesus, that would be a scary D core for the next 10 years
Yeah i can't wait until the end of April, Whatever lucky team winds up with the #1 overall pick there's going to be some crazy offers out there. Would love for it to be Detroit.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Yeah i can't wait until the end of April, Whatever lucky team winds up with the #1 overall pick there's going to be some crazy offers out there. Would love for it to be Detroit.

Dahlin and Boqvist are likely to be the best 2 defenceman available for years. When Boqvist isn't the best you know Dahlin is amazing

In an unfair world Edmonton gets first ov and drafts Dahlin and I'd still do Drai for Boqvist...he's a RD and an absolute stud.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Dahlin and Boqvist are likely to be the best 2 defenceman available for years. When Boqvist isn't the best you know Dahlin is amazing

In an unfair world Edmonton gets first ov and drafts Dahlin and I'd still do Drai for Boqvist...he's a RD and an absolute stud.
There's actually going to be some sweet D men going in the top 10 Dahlin, Boqvist, Hughes i would be happy with any one of those 3 this is going to be a pretty good draft to really draft a stud D man.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
any team in the position to draft Dahlin should never trade that chance for a player like Draisaitl. nothing against Draisaitl, but Dahlin is a player one of those struggling rebuilding teams could build around. Draisaitl, in spite of your sales pitch of him, isn't a bonafide 1C.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Edmonton does this to clear cap space and to take a gamble on a potential #1 D-man.

XXX team gets a guaranteed #1 Center, playoff beast who's locked up long term and who can be an immediate impact to a struggling team.

Habs fan in peace. We need 1st line center and dman 1st line dman. Because I dont feel Drai like a center right now, I would stay ith Dahlin

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Draisaitl already has a huge contract attached to him. If he plays at his best then he is worth exactly what he is being paid. Dahlin, by all means, will likely be a franchise player and outproduce what he is being paid by multiple times the amount for quite a few years. The disparity is large and something that this thread does not properly appreciate.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I can't remember when, or even if, I've seen a D prospect like Dahlin before. Whatever team wins the lottery, no way they're trading the pick.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton

Past #1 overall Defensemen.
  • 2014 - Aaron Ekblad
  • 2006 - Erik Johnson
  • 1996 - Chris Phillips
  • 1995 - Bryan Berard
  • 1994 - Ed Jovanovski
  • 1992 - Roman Hamrlik

Why doesn't he center his own line then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad