Leo Komarov hit on Gostisbehere

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Impartial fan's take. Dirty hit, suspension-worthy. These are the types of plays that the NHL should be using to make an example of a player. Give him five games. Can't have that. It's not like Gothispere turned into the boards knowing Komarov was going to hit him.

Bad hit.

Daveyyaunce

Jun 23, 2017
Philadelphia
Sorry but I don't buy that. Gudas didn't see the guy he was facing and skating right towards and then stopped? I call BS.

Especially cause it's Gudas. That directly led to a philly goal and could have been an injury on Komarov cause it was close to a knee on knee.

Hence the payback.

Ghost should visit Radko and thank him for contributing to getting a dirty play from Leo.

Yeah I don't get why certain fanbases get such bad rep.....

Reactions: Rebels57

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The guy's injured either way. Arguing what type of injury makes no difference regsrding whether there should be a suspension. Why even bring that up as a point as if that's relevant somehow?

Well since I have already stated I think he should get 1 to 3 games and my issue is people playing Dr.Recchi, you may want to rethink your post.

... Leo should sit a game or 3 for this.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I actually think it is left shoulder that he injured.

I'm just praying it's not serious because we cannot afford to lose him. He is playing on our top pair with Provorov and is leading the NHL in defensemen scoring. He is invaluable at the moment.

I also expect Komarov to get his ass kicked early in the next game the 2 teams play. Last nights game was too close for retribution.

I also wonder if the refs were "getting back" at the Flyers for how vocally critical they were of the terrible no-goal call the game before. The Flyers had 1 powerplay all game and could have had 4 or 5 pretty easily. Hakstol was pretty clear in his post-game press conference that the refs f***ed up. As were many of the players. This fraternity of incompetents care more about their egos than anything else.

Daveyyaunce

Jun 23, 2017
Philadelphia
Well since I have already stated I think he should get 1 to 3 games and my issue is people playing Dr.Recchi, you may want to rethink your post.

What's your point though? Why be riled up about someone thinking a player going headfirst into was concussed? You an EMT that doesn't like people stepping on your territory?

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
What's your point though? Why be riled up about someone thinking a player going headfirst into was concussed? You an EMT that doesn't like people stepping on your territory?

No I'm a person who hates misinformation being spread. Several people here have stated as a fact Ghost was concussed. We have no idea the injury, likely a shoulder or back, like many hits from behind are, but could be something else.

What we know:

- Leo hit him from behind
- He played one shift and left
- Leo should be suspended.
- Anything else is guess work and just spreads false information.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Leo needs to be in more control in that situation, Ghost puts himself in a terrible position by turning his back to the hit and Leo is already committed to contact and you can tell he doesn't hit him as hard as he could have but he was already going to fast too stop himself.

It's Leo's responsibility to be in more control so he can stop if the player turns his back. Unfortunate hit. Ghost needs to be smarter too though.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No suspension forthcoming. He had him lined up and ghost saw him in periphery and turned last second, his fault.

Unless NHL institutes a bear hug/tackle rule, not much LK can do.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah I don't get why certain fanbases get such bad rep.....

it's not hard to figure out. when they celebrate a team that only ever won cups because of thuggery, when they have human trash running their team like Bobby Clarke (the kind of trash that throws elite players with concussions on the ice, the kind if trash that berates famed coaches with cancer), when they continued to assemble their goon teams right into this decade, and the fans love them for it, it sort of obvious why so many teams are disgusted with the flyers and their fans.

Last edited:

CrashBartley

Nov 19, 2014
He sees the numbers and still decides to drive him into the boards.
He has plenty of time to let up and make the play without intent to injure.
If Gubrandson's hit is worth a game, this is too. At least a game.
And I have no idea how the ref with the cam missed making the call. That was 2 terrible missed calls in the game.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Should have been a major and a game misconduct, but it was a make-up “non call” against Komarov as he was knee’d by Gudas earlier in the game and the turnover directly led to a goal.

Horrible refereeing all around

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Bad hit. Should have been a penalty. The officiating this year has been really shit. I always think when they introduce new rules/calls they tend to over focus on them to the detriment of every thing else.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Ghost is in his third year, and how is that relevant in the first place? Komarov is a dirty player and this was a dirty hit.

Not arguing about that at all, I think it was definitely penalty worthy. Just saying that calling Ghost a star and Komorov a potatoe is a little off.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hopefully the refs does Babcock's job for him and suspends Leo for some games so Babcock doesn't have to go back to sitting Leivo again after he promised JVR and Martin were going to be back in for sure prior to this game.

That was a bad missed call though, pretty much as obvious as it gets. Way worse than the one where Leo was interfered/knee'd that lead to the Flyers 2nd goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad