Len Kasper leaves Cubs TV for White Sox radio booth in shocking move

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sources: Len Kasper leaves Cubs TV for White Sox radio booth in shocking move

As the Cubs start a busy offseason, one of the biggest departures is coming from the broadcast booth. After 16 years as the team’s TV play-by-play man, Len Kasper has decided to leave for the vacant White Sox radio job, according to multiple sources.

The move will be officially announced Friday morning on ESPN 1000, the new radio home of the White Sox. Kasper will team with color analyst Darrin Jackson, who returns for his 13th season in the radio booth and his 22nd overall with the team.

Last season, Andy Masur partnered with Jackson, after the passing of longtime radio voice Ed Farmer.
Multiple sources told The Athletic that Chris Myers is a leading candidate to replace Kasper in the Marquee Sports Network booth alongside analyst Jim Deshaies.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
From Kasper to The Chris Myers Experience (TM The 506 posters).......poor Cubs fans. He said it was because he wants to do radio.....I tend to think it was more he had issues with Sinclair.

Reactions: Fenway

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Marquee really did a horrible job with this. They forced Len & JD into wearing suits at the games, frequently adding a 3rd person to the booth, and the constant interruptions by Taylor on things nobody is interested killed the chemistry that Len & JD had.

I would stay tuned in when they Cubs here getting blown out just to hear what these guys had to say... next season there will be undoubtedly more blow outs, and I'll be turning off the TV much quicker

Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Well, I will take Len at his word. I have enjoyed Len since he was the Marlins TV guy back in the early 2000's including the 2003 Championship season. If radio was/is truly his dream job, then more power to him & the Sox.

Sep 19, 2008
Kasper was a good TV broadcaster

Him on radio would be odd. Didn't really call much

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I wonder if Stone may be contemplating this being his last year

He is 74 after all

Kasper could do radio for year and then slot into booth for 2022 season

Sep 19, 2008
I wonder if Stone may be contemplating this being his last year

He is 74 after all

Kasper could do radio for year and then slot into booth for 2022 season
TV?

Benetti has that locked up for a while. Benetti and Kasper would be interesting but Kasper wouldn't be the main guy and I don't think baseball TV guys switch commentary that much (other than the Giants of course)

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
I’m betting Len Kasper left because Marquee makes them wear suits in the booth

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
From Kasper to The Chris Myers Experience (TM The 506 posters).......poor Cubs fans. He said it was because he wants to do radio.....I tend to think it was more he had issues with Sinclair.

He basically started at a Sinclair like network and worked there for 8 years when he began his career. I doubt that was it.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Why Len Kasper left Cubs TV for White Sox radio

“I want this to be crystal clear,” Kasper said. “If Cub games were still on WGN or NBC Sports Chicago or Channel 7, I would still be doing this. I was treated like a king with the Cubs. This is 100 percent about a moment in time during which I could not pass up the opportunity of a lifetime.”

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Baseball is the only sport where radio would have this type of allure. I wonder what the pây packets look like..TV vs radio

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don’t know much about Kasper or Chicago broadcasts but if this is something that upsets Cubs fans then I’m all for it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad