Leivo has asked for a trade

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Makes sense, he's been passed on the depth charts and is just floating around.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Meh. Some will say wasted potential. I see a victim of numbers. Won't slot above JVR, Marleau, or Hyman. Could have played over Martin.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Don't blame him. Any ideas on trades? Maybe something like to St. Louis for Jordan Schmaltz? Helps D depth on marlies. Former 1st rounder.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Perfectly reasonable.

Given his age, he’s at a “make or break” time for his career. If he doesn’t have a clear path to a roster spot understandable he will want to get a chance like Panik did on another team

Last edited:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
It's a shame but ultimately he is not good enough to be on our team and probably never will be. Let him go to a bottom feeder as part of our package for whatever playoff pick up we go for. Not losing sleep over this one.

Reactions: francis246

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Can't blame him. Although next season with potentially no jvr and Komarov, he might have had a chance.
Hyman-matthews-nylander
Marleau-kadri-marner
Kap-xxxx-brown
Xxx-xxx-xxx

sosh, leivo, johnsson and who else? Grundstrom?

Probably has a decent shot tbh.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I am not a fan how they treated him, to be honest. Should have traded him or waived him a long time ago to give him a chance. It's not right doing this to a relatively young player. Yet a washed up player in Komarov gets to play among the highest minutes on the team.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Who exactly is he replacing on this roster?
He should have been replacing JVR dealt in the summer for a high pick/prospect. That way you'd have all year to rotate Leivo/Johnsson/Kappy in and see what you have.
Then if you were still concerned about adding extra depth at the playoffs, you could have gotten a guy like Grabner from NY to add.
I'd feel equally ok about a JVR-Bozak-Brown line as I would with a Grabner-Bozak-Brown line. But in the meantime you see what's replacing what you don't plan/or shouldn't plan to keep. It's moving on from players and getting assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->