Confirmed with Link: Leipsic and Reinhart sign 2Yr Contracts.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Very surprised to see that Leipsic's deal is 2-way this season, and 1-way for next. I'd have to imagine that someone would try to claim him if we send him down. Unless we do it on the very last day before the season starts, when most teams are already trying to squeeze their own players onto their opening day rosters.

I have no doubt that Reinhart would be claimed if we tried to waive him, so I could see him likely starting the season in the press box (with Theodore in the AHL) until we start making some trades. I'm glad that Reinhart got two years though, because I'd like to see him have the confidence moving forward - I think he can be a great player, and I'm hoping he's locked in as our 3rd pair LD for Year 2 (or Year 1, once Sbisa/McNabb get moved).

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Leipsic's deal makes sense to me given how much turnover there should be between now and the beginning of next season. GMGM probably told him he'd get a 1-way deal next year if he took a 2-way this year for more flexibility.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Leipsic's deal makes sense to me given how much turnover there should be between now and the beginning of next season. GMGM probably told him he'd get a 1-way deal next year if he took a 2-way this year for more flexibility.

I agree there's going to be turnover in Year 1, but I've always seen Leipsic as part of the NHL lineup, and I doubt McPhee wants to risk losing him to waivers. Maybe he gave him a 2-way deal this year to motivate him to have a great camp, with the looming threat of being sent to the AHL (all the while knowing that he's likely not going to try sending him down).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->