Lehtinen - Koivu - Selanne line

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_kemp*

Where do you rank this line in international ice hockey history?

They're the best I've seen in my life time. Best line in 1998, then Koivu didn't play in 2002 and it really hurt Finland. Now they're back. All 3 are in the top 4 in scoring.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
They DO play well together... consistently the best line I've seen internationally (though others have been hotter for much shorter periods of time)

now if only an NHL g.m. figured it out and made some moves...

Randall Graves*

this Olympics that Slovak line is right up there with them, but not only is this line great offensively it has won the battles and played responsible defensively.

Robson

Jan 4, 2006
shawn_kemp said:

They're the best I've seen in my life time. Best line in 1998, then Koivu didn't play in 2002 and it really hurt Finland. Now they're back. All 3 are in the top 4 in scoring.

any scorings stats overview available?

shawn_kemp*

Robson said:

Rank Athlete Games Played Points Goals Scored Assists +/- Penalty Minutes Total Shots Shooting %

1 Teemu Selanne (Finland) 5 10 4 6 0 8 34 11
2 Saku Koivu (Finland) 6 10 2 8 +1 4 20 10
3 Pavel Bure (Russia) 6 9 9 0 +6 2 38 23
4 Alexandr Koreshkov (Kazakhstan) 7 9 3 6 -1 2 24 12
5 Philippe Bozon (France) 4 7 5 2 +2 4 32 15
6 Konstantin Shafranov (Kazakhstan) 7 7 4 3 -2 6 15 26
7 Dominik Lavoie (Austria) 4 6 5 1 -2 8 29 17
8 Jere Lehtinen (Finland) 6 6 4 2 +1 2 19 21

http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/PDF/C85B_IHM400000.pdf

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
VanIslander said:
They DO play well together... consistently the best line I've seen internationally (though others have been hotter for much shorter periods of time)

now if only an NHL g.m. figured it out and made some moves...

Easier said than done...

Selanne loves the left coast, and it's very unlikely he'd move again.

Koivu was never available, Gainey made that clear with his recent contract. I suppose everybody has their price, but somebody would seriously have to overpay for Koivu to get him out of Montreal.

And Lehtinen is consistently among Dallas' best players year-in year-out, so again, there'd have to be a significant overpayment on a GM's part to get him.

ShaneDoan

May 5, 2005
And here in Finland Teemu is man that have "never won anything" so i it would be very nice if Teemu finally would won something big!

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Robson said:

1998 NHL All Star Game: 3 goals, 9 points

Nagano 1998: 4 games, 9 goals, 23 points

World Cup 2004: 6 games, 11 points (the entire line played injured)

Turin 2006: 4 games, 10 goals, 22 points

Overall: 15 games, 65 points

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
shawn_kemp said:
4 games?

how about the semifinal and bronze medal games? :dunno:

In the first game where Hasek shut out Finland, the 1st line was Peltonen-Koivu-Selänne because the coaches didn't think Lehtinen could play LW IIRC. Didn't take Jere long to prove them wrong.

In the bronze game, Selänne couldn't play so the line was Peltonen-Koivu-Lehtinen (another legendary Finnish line).

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
shawn_kemp said:

Bure-Fedorov-Mogilny (juniors) :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: or I guess it's the Soviet Era?

shawn_kemp*

Sampe said:
In the first game where Hasek shut out Finland, the 1st line was Peltonen-Koivu-Selänne because the coaches didn't think Lehtinen could play LW IIRC. Didn't take Jere long to prove them wrong.

In the bronze game, Selänne couldn't play so the line was Peltonen-Koivu-Lehtinen (another legendary Finnish line).

oh. okay ;)

ILuvLA

Jul 16, 2004
Lost in LA
RallyKiller said:
this Olympics that Slovak line is right up there with them, but not only is this line great offensively it has won the battles and played responsible defensively.

Agree. Gaborik/Demitra/Hossa are just as white hot as Koivu/Selanne/Lehtinen. I hope that the two teams meet up. It would be a great game!

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
ILuvLA said:
Agree. Gaborik/Demitra/Hossa are just as white hot as Koivu/Selanne/Lehtinen. I hope that the two teams meet up. It would be a great game!

Agreed.

3 goals = chili

Jan 14, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Selanne (6G,1A), Koivu (1,6), Lehtinen (3,4) = 22 Points

Gaborik (2,3), Demitra (2,3), Hossa (4,3) = 17 Points

Kovalchuk (4,1), Datsyuk (1,5), Kovalev (2,2) = 15 Points

these are easily the 3 top lines in the first 4 games, i would look for Kovalchuk to have 1-2 in a couple days against the US but i dont see the Finns slowing down anytime soon as they are on fire right now. The Slovaks are also a tough group to stop but i think they are easier to contain than the other two groups just from watching their game today against the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->