Lehtinen Demands Trade

HFNHL Red Wings

Furious over being demoted to the 4th line Jere Lehtinen let it be known through the media that he wants out of Detroit.

GM Niece responded by saying that he was disappointed in Jere's behaviour. "This organization is committed to challenging for the cup this season. On any championship team the true leaders are the one's that are willing to make short term sacrifices for the good of the team."

The GM went on to say he has no timetable for making a deal only that he will do what is best for the team.

As a 3 time Selke Award winner, and 5 time finalist, Lehtinen has a great 80DF which is complemented with a 78SC and comes with contract under $2M for 2 years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To save a few e-mail responses I would be looking for the following:
First Choice - An upgrade at another position and would be willing to add something in the right deal
Second Choice - A good 3rd/4th line checking LW (min 74DF, 72IT and a good SP rating) plus an up and coming player.
3rd Choice - He will remain with the Wings and will have to suck it up ;)

HFNHL Red Wings

A 77 OV player on the 4th line... must be nice! :p:

Which one were you referring too, Stumpel or Lehtinen :toothless

This is my response to so many seasons of GM's (especially in season preview rticles) referring to my teams as middle of the road, me being accused of unwilling to make moves to put the Wings over the top, etc, etc. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->