Legendary broadcaster Bob Cole passes away at 90

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Im american and bob cole is better then every single national broadcaster america has had on their broadcasts. I didnt hear him as much as others but any time I did it was a special treat. My first year of center ice was 03 and apparently he was on the "downside" of his career but i dont care, he was enjoyable to listen to.

Edit
I loved gary thorne but he and hands of cement only paid attention to a small number of teams.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
I have been watching these playoffs and like all playoffs since Mr. Cole retired, I have missed his playcalling, warm delivery and friendly demeanour. Him and Harry Neale will always, for me, be the best of the best in my lifetime. I have heard other solid broadcasters since then but no one calls it like Mr. Cole. Truly a Canadian treasure and will be sorely missed, but generations are grateful to have had his voice be a regular part of their lives, and will always be synonymous with great eras in hockey history.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I have been watching these playoffs and like all playoffs since Mr. Cole retired, I have missed his playcalling, warm delivery and friendly demeanour. Him and Harry Neale will always, for me, be the best of the best in my lifetime. I have heard other solid broadcasters since then but no one calls it like Mr. Cole. Truly a Canadian treasure and will be sorely missed, but generations are grateful to have had his voice be a regular part of their lives, and will always be synonymous with great eras in hockey history.

Even in his later years when he lost a few miles on his fastball, he could still capture the excitement.

His voice alone was enough to do the job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad