Left Over Escrow Funds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tra La La

Feb 13, 2003
Buffalo, New York
Bill Daly said on leafs lunch the other day. That there is a 28.6 million payroll point which can not be exceeded. In order to be eligible for second tier revenue sharing. second tier revenue sharing would be funded by left over escrow dollars. If there are any.

My question. How can there be Left over escrow dollars? Is 'nt it really smoke and mirrors. It seems to me second tier revenue sharing is a mirage.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
Sonic Reducer said:
Bill Daly said on leafs lunch the other day. That there is a 28.6 million payroll point which can not be exceeded. In order to be eligible for second tier revenue sharing. second tier revenue sharing would be funded by left over escrow dollars. If there are any.

My question. How can there be Left over escrow dollars? Is 'nt it really smoke and mirrors. It seems to me second tier revenue sharing is a mirage.

There can be left over escrow $$$s, because the players money taken from escrow is not returned directly to that players team. Instead it is first used to fund revenue sharing. Any $$$s after that are returned to the teams as equal (1/30) shares.

There was more info on the cap, escrow, and reveneue sharing in an SBJ article.

There was a thead on it here:

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=162356

Of course if revenue sharing is dependent upon escrow funds, the small market teams get screwed if the big spenders don't overspend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad