Speculation: Lefebvre to Replace Daigneault

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
MB: So Sylvain, your team finished the season with 14 straight losses?

SL: Yeah, but the guys showed character and had the right attitude.

MB: That's all I need to know. How would you like to coach our defence next year?

SL: Drops phone and had laughing fit.

Reactions: roy munson

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Has to be an improvement

I'm not sure how that's a logical progression. Lefebvre has been absolutely awful with development and performance. The Rocket is the worst team in the AHL, and is perpetually near the bottom under his guidance.

I can't imagine how anyone could think bringing him to Montreal to further sabotage the Habs is an idea that can be applauded or even tolerated in any way.

Montreal has become a Kakocracy under Bergevin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
titanic.gif

Timely as the Titanic sank 106 years ago today.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Patrick Friolet, journalist on RDs, on Twitter just said that we have to take into consideration that the bad performance this year is surely because we have used 51 players. I just answered him back saying that 58 players played for Utica. Record? 37-26; 46 players for Wilkes-Barre Record? 44-22; 43 to Providence, record? 44-26. 44 for the Wolves, record? 42-22; 42 for the Moose, record? 41-26, 46 for the Marlies, record? 53-18; 45 to Rochester, record? 37-22; 48 to Syracuse, record? 46-22

The length some idiots and misinformed people go......

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Patrick Friolet, journalist on RDs, on Twitter just said that we have to take into consideration that the bad performance this year is surely because we have used 51 players. I just answered him back saying that 58 players played for Utica. Record? 37-26; 46 players for Wilkes-Barre Record? 44-22; 43 to Providence, record? 44-26. 44 for the Wolves, record? 42-22; 42 for the Moose, record? 41-26, 46 for the Marlies, record? 53-18; 45 to Rochester, record? 37-22; 48 to Syracuse, record? 46-22

The length some idiots and misinformed people go......

Call up is business as usual in the AHL. Using this as an excuse is just proving you don't really know what you are talking about. On paper this is not that bad of a team. Championship team? Not at all but certainly not an totally terrible team. As much as i despise MT he has done the playoffs with teams not better than this one.

Taormia is a solid dman in the AHL. Gelinas looked okay at least one season in the NHL how can this guy not be considered a solid AHL player? Juulsen looked okay in the NHL no way he's not a solid dman in the AHL. That gives him at least 3 solid AHL dman.

Terry is a top player in the AHL. Scherbak played almost half a year there and almost burned the league. The Kraken had a hell of a 2nd half. The team lack depth but that's true of most teams in the AHL.

The goalies had a rough year but on paper those should be good AHL goalies.

Pretty much anything Sly touched in the AHL turned into turd. People say our kids look good but imo that's not true. None of them is producing anything worthwhile (not even a 40 points forward guy or a 20 points dman). Numbers are not there even if you put the bar very low. At one point you must stop blaming the players and finding excuses. I've seen some pretty bad teams fight for a playoffs spot in my life. Teams on paper worse than what Sly had in the AHL.

That Florida team who reached the scf was awful on paper. On paper LV should not win as much as it is right now.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Already mentioned in the Off-Season Thread: Jean-Charles Lajoie on 91.9 Sports said that according to his sources, Lefebvre will be removed as coach of Laval, but brought up to Montreal to replace Daigneault as assistant coach to Julien.

Anthony Marcotte, who does play-by-play for Laval games on the station, joined him to talk about a sit down interview he and his color commentator partner Raphael Doucet had with Lefebvre. He said Lefebvre was a lot more looser and laid back this morning, unlike the last few weeks where he looked stressed. He said they asked him about replacing Daigneault, Lefebvre apparently didn't confirm or deny, but Marcotte said he's under the impression that he will replace JJD as defense coach in Montreal.
We watched Lefebvre here in Hamilton.

Might be the dumbest pro I ever heard speak about coaching, winning, losing, play offs, powerplay etc.......you name it.....he can out idiot anyone.

I would not hire him to paint my garage.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If/when SL is added to the Habs coaching staff it will be a 100% MB move IMO. Since when does a GM choose who is on his coach's staff? MB seems to be involved in coaching decisions (Galchenyuk not a center. Drouin playing center). If MB is that much of a control freak and wants to meddle in what his coach is doing why didn't he take over the coaching duties after he fired toenails?

Just let the coach do his job and stay the **** out of his business MB. You are way in over your head as is and you have a huge mess to try and fix so do your job and go get your coach some good players and let him do his job.

How can the Habs even have any hope of turning things around when having people like Larry Carriere involved in management. The entire lot of the country club need to be replaced.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If/when SL is added to the Habs coaching staff it will be a 100% MB move IMO. Since when does a GM choose who is on his coach's staff? MB seems to be involved in coaching decisions (Galchenyuk not a center. Drouin playing center). If MB is that much of a control freak and wants to meddle in what his coach is doing why didn't he take over the coaching duties after he fired toenails?

Just let the coach do his job and stay the **** out of his business MB. You are way in over your head as is and you have a huge mess to try and fix so do your job and go get your coach some good players and let him do his job.

How can the Habs even have any hope of turning things around when having people like Larry Carriere involved in management. The entire lot of the country club need to be replaced.
There is no hope of turning things around.
There will be books written on how the once great legendary franchise turned into a cheap circus act with decent hot dogs for sale. Pushing overpriced merchandise like a tourist shop in Niagra falls.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I'm not sure how that's a logical progression. Lefebvre has been absolutely awful with development and performance. The Rocket is the worst team in the AHL, and is perpetually near the bottom under his guidance.

I can't imagine how anyone could think bringing him to Montreal to further sabotage the Habs is an idea that can be applauded or even tolerated in any way.

Montreal has become a Kakocracy under Bergevin.

The foxhole are all members of the kakistocracy then?

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
I’m going to ****ing lose it if they promote Sly. You’re paying Claude a lot of money let the man pick his bloody assistants. If that means Muller goes too then so be it.

Exactly, Julien isnt a first year coach that needs to be coddled, he’s been coaching in this league for 15 years, he has a Jack Adams and a cup ring, he’s one of the few hires that Bergevin shouldnt be micromanaging. Why the f*** hasnt he brought in his own assistants?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->