Speculation: Lefebvre to Replace Daigneault

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
In before The Groove chimes in with a "Dunning Kruger Effect" comment, meme or both. :P

I'll have Groove's scrolling chef meme ready, when he does.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

EjixKtc.jpg

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Guys this is positive news. It means this trainwreck will continue. Since Bergevin can’t trade for a C, we have a chance at drafting a top C in next year’s draft.

If you really think that, for the future of the team, Lefebvre as an assistant coach in MON ( a more limited position that he might actually be okay in) as opposed to head coach in Laval (a position where he might have been in over his head) is more damaging for the future of the team, your analytical talents leave to be desired.

Just consider this:

If the hockey personnel changes bring a tandem of Bouchard and Ducharme to Laval (or some other, even better tandem) to properly develop the youngsters as they move up the ranks, hopefully maximizing the value of these kids (crucial for teams doomed to pick in the later picks of any round at the draft, on most years), when the tag team of Bergevin/Julien eventually gets put out to pasture, at least the foundation of the team will be solid.

I actually look at Sly leaving his home town of Laval as head coach a potentially huge positive for this team, wherever he ends up, even if it is MON in a lesser capacity.

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
I always said that if they still have Therrien under contract, they should have him coach the AHL club.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
All part of our on-going series, Les Journées Népotristes -- it's not just regular nepotism, but the exceptionally crass type that evokes sadness.

Thank-you Roy Munson for this gem of a gif that evokes how a lot of us are feeling right now, even if it's just a rumor:

$

It isn't enough to just "like" this. This is such a keeper. So well done. LOL

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It isn't enough to just "like" this. This is such a keeper. So well done. LOL

Roy outdid himself on that.

Worst part is, I've always been reticent to ask anything, I was expecting a rejection. :laugh:

OldCraig had initially brought up the Bush video with the shoe throwing incident, which I reposted and out of the blue, just suggested if Roy would do it and he came back with "challenge accepted". I'm afraid we're going to have plenty of reasons to keep using it while MB sticks around.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
If you really think that, for the future of the team, Lefebvre as an assistant coach in MON ( a more limited position that he might actually be okay in) as opposed to head coach in Laval (a position where he might have been in over his head) is more damaging for the future of the team, your analytical talents leave to be desired.

Just consider this:

If the hockey personnel changes bring a tandem of Bouchard and Ducharme to Laval (or some other, even better tandem) to properly develop the youngsters as they move up the ranks, hopefully maximizing the value of these kids (crucial for teams doomed to pick in the later picks of any round at the draft, on most years), when the tag team of Bergevin/Julien eventually gets put out to pasture, at least the foundation of the team will be solid.

I actually look at Sly leaving his home town of Laval as head coach a potentially huge positive for this team, wherever he ends up, even if it is MON in a lesser capacity.

Right now I care that the NHL team sucks. The AHL team should be decent so they’re ready to come up in a few years. There’s nobody knocking on the NHL’s team door now. Juulsen and Scherbak are here. Everyone else is a few years away.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Roy outdid himself on that.

Worst part is, I've always been reticent to ask anything, I was expecting a rejection. :laugh:

OldCraig had initially brought up the Bush video with the shoe throwing incident, which I reposted and out of the blue, just suggested if Roy would do it and he came back with "challenge accepted". I'm afraid we're going to have plenty of reasons to keep using it while MB sticks around.

What are the chances of having a dedicated "Photoshop" thread to the marketing "of the new and improved" Habs.

- Better Food
- New Attitude
- New players (Tavares, etc.)
- New and improved Carey Price with nutrition leading the way.
- New and improved Chara like Karl Alzner

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So if Sly is made an Assistant Coach, does anybody believe that is a CJ decision ?

If yes, fine. Then I question CJ.

If no, then that really causes lots of questions for me because that tells me MB is grossly interfering in other peoples territory.

So who decides the critirea for BPA in the Draft ? Maybe who actually will make the 1st round pick ?

This could be a sign MB is listening only to himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad