Speculation: Lefebvre to Replace Daigneault

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
All part of our on-going series, Les Journées Népotristes -- it's not just regular nepotism, but the exceptionally crass type that evokes sadness.

Thank-you Roy Munson for this gem of a gif that evokes how a lot of us are feeling right now, even if it's just a rumor:

$

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Already mentioned in the Off-Season Thread: Jean-Charles Lajoie on 91.9 Sports said that according to his sources, Lefebvre will be removed as coach of Laval, but brought up to Montreal to replace Daigneault as assistant coach to Julien.

Anthony Marcotte, who does play-by-play for Laval games on the station, joined him to talk about a sit down interview he and his color commentator partner Raphael Doucet had with Lefebvre. He said Lefebvre was a lot more looser and laid back this morning, unlike the last few weeks where he looked stressed. He said they asked him about replacing Daigneault, Lefebvre apparently didn't confirm or deny, but Marcotte said he's under the impression that he will replace JJD as defense coach in Montreal.

First off, thank-you for the thread and for all the translation and transcription work I've seen you do recently. I've done a ton for this site and can fully appreciate all the work that goes into it. Kudos to you for enhancing our site experience. :handclap:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I will say this, and I will preface it by saying Lefebvre should be gone for good. However, if it takes putting Lefebvre in JJ's spot to open up a spot in Laval for Ducharme and Bouchard (replace Carrière), I can maybe live with it. Key word being "maybe."

If I recall Lefebvre's demeanor last year when his contract had expired, it was more or less similar to now. I don't know why he'd look stressed, a mediocre man is always at his best. Especially one whose job is guaranteed thanks to Mononc' Bergy.

Again, if this were to be official, we have the continuance of a disturbing trend. It would mean that he was imposed on Julien, which evokes business as usual. It should be Julien's decision to appoint those assistant coaches he wishes.

It would also mean that the whole idea of the post-season review is the sham that we all thought it would be. Lefebvre has done nothing to merit a promotion. It's a precursor to the same miscues that have been committed by this GM repeatedly over his tenure. He'd be meddling into his head coach's space, favoring a close friend (Bergevin is apparently godparent to Lefebvre's daughter) and announcing that the infamous off season review of all Habs staff ("no stone unturned" my ass) was a foregone conclusion.

Plus ça change, plus c'est pareil.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's fine, let them self-immolate on the public square for all I care. They'll all get canned at the same time.

Fun fact about the Titanic, if the helmsman had simply ran the iceberg head on, the ship would'nt have sunk.

Other fact: the musicians of the Titanic were told to play music intended to calm the passengers, as the ship went down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad