Speculation: Lefebvre to Replace Daigneault

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Nicely done.

You'd figure some of these guys would conduct basic research before spewing whatever on twitter. They must have a real high opinion of themselves, probably based on their name recognition garnered from years of reading from a teleprompter.

And you won't be surprised that Friolet's take was in fact Larry Carrière's take who uses that. Just like Lefebvre is using it too.

If there is really an attitude problem....how about looking at this stupid management to show the fact that it might start with them and their shitty and losing attitude.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
28g3gp.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And you won't be surprised that Friolet's take was in fact Larry Carrière's take who uses that. Just like Lefebvre is using it too.

If there is really an attitude problem....how about looking at this stupid management to show the fact that it might start with them and their ****ty and losing attitude.

From what you just described, there's a chain of platitudes emanating from Lefebvre to Carrière and trickling down unfiltered to an unscrupulous Friolet. The latter looks like yet another media guy doing the Habs' propaganda work, without needing to be on their payroll.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Nicely done.

You'd figure some of these guys would conduct basic research before spewing whatever on twitter. They must have a real high opinion of themselves, probably based on their name recognition garnered from years of reading from a teleprompter.

There are very few beat reporters that don't relay exactly what they're told by the teams they cover. Most of them are scared to lose their access so they play nice, but some aren't afraid to challenge (Basu, MAG, Engels). Gagnon, Cantin and Réjean Tremblay will ask tough questions as well, but they don't have the proximity with the team anymore and are vets so they know they won't be pushed away if they ask hard ones.

There is a reason why Renaud Lavoie is the best insider for the Habs. You'll never hear him criticize the Habs management. Whenever he's on radio or any text he writes, he's basically just spinning what the Habs Management want to say. Habs repay him by letting him know first when there are roster moves or stuff happening.

Case in point: Lettre à Mario Dumont - TVA Sports

Here Renaud of course defends the management, and he uses the Habs/Bergevin line. Nevermind the politics stuff where clearly he doesn't know what he's talking about.

All this to say that I don't blame Friolet from relaying the info, but it would be nice for him to compare that stat (number of players used) with what happened with the rest of the league just like WhiteSnake did. He probably doesn't want to stir the soup now that the season is over though and I can understand that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There are very few beat reporters that don't relay exactly what they're told by the teams they cover. Most of them are scared to lose their access so they play nice, but some aren't afraid to challenge (Basu, MAG, Engels). Gagnon, Cantin and Réjean Tremblay will ask tough questions as well, but they don't have the proximity with the team anymore and are vets so they know they won't be pushed away if they ask hard ones.

There is a reason why Renaud Lavoie is the best insider for the Habs. You'll never hear him criticize the Habs management. Whenever he's on radio or any text he writes, he's basically just spinning what the Habs Management want to say. Habs repay him by letting him know first when there are roster moves or stuff happening.

Case in point: Lettre à Mario Dumont - TVA Sports

Here Renaud of course defends the management, and he uses the Habs/Bergevin line. Nevermind the politics stuff where clearly he doesn't know what he's talking about.

All this to say that I don't blame Friolet from relaying the info, but it would be nice for him to compare that stat (number of players used) with what happened with the rest of the league just like WhiteSnake did. He probably doesn't want to stir the soup now that the season is over though and I can understand that.

Thing is, there is nothing remotely controversial had Friolet simply laid out the stats, that were readily available to anyone. Couldn't he have just checked? Or did he check, but as you suggest, didn't want to make the Habs look bad? I mean, they're clearly distorting what the stats are saying, it's not as if someone is intentionally trying to make the stats say something else. At what point does a media individual who is supposed to be more than just a regurgitator, take responsibility for what he's putting out there?

If Friolet believes it's a tough balancing act and doesn't want to burn bridges, then don't report it. Let Habs spokespeople throw it out there and no doubt someone other than Friolet who has a lot less to lose, will break it down for what it is on social media. Simple as that. There comes a point when the fear of losing sandwich privileges at the BC is a source of ridicule.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I saw the tail end of the end of season presser for the Rocket (well, they're just interviews at the Place Bell), but Carrière praised the coaching staff for their work this season. So he wasn't misquoted or anything, this is what he actually said.

Lefebvre blamed the call ups for the record. Gave himself credit for Deslauriers, Froese and Carr. "One of the best lines on the Habs this year", according to the TVAsport journalist.

What the f*** is going on in Montreal ?

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
There is ZERO .. ZERO reasons and/or positives for Sly and Laval staff .

1 playoff appearance
No development .. Hudon ?
Our stats were horrific last year
Including Defense which is what Sly specializes in .

It would be an embarassement for promotion ... What has he done to derserve it .

We should be looking into Pascal Vincent , Dom Ducharme or other young Coaches for Laval and Claudes assistants .

If we need this language rule then we need to start having viable replacements in the pipeline .

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I saw the tail end of the end of season presser for the Rocket (well, they're just interviews at the Place Bell), but Carrière praised the coaching staff for their work this season. So he wasn't misquoted or anything, this is what he actually said.

Lefebvre blamed the call ups for the record. Gave himself credit for Deslauriers, Froese and Carr. "One of the best lines on the Habs this year", according to the TVAsport journalist.

What the **** is going on in Montreal ?
Geoff Molson is happening.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lefebvre should be fire any day now...

I'm expecting changes to start coming this week. Don't forget, Laval finished their season on Saturday, traveled overnight and arrived in the early hours of Sunday and they had the post mortem yesterday.

So I wasn't expecting them to fire him amid all that. Now it's all 100% over. So I'm expecting announcements this week.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Check out this article in LaPresse, it's enough to make you want to go back to bed and forget the whole thing happened.

It's in French of course, sorry for those who can't read it. But you can probable imagine what it says. The headline is: Sylvain Lefebvre confident for his future. Basically diverts all blame from himself and Carrière.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Marinaro said he wouldn't mind Lefebvre replacing JJD because he was a good defense coach in Colorado and something about his relationship with the guys he coached in the AHL on the Habs now. MB probably telling Tony to butter up Hab fans first before he assigns SL to Juliens staff to replace JJD? :sarcasm:

Please no to this happening and just let Julien keep who he wants and to bring his own people in and not another of MB's stooges that MB puts in place.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I say, if it takes a promotion to D-coach in MON to get rid of Lefebvre as head coach in Laval and get a genuine head coach in to help better develop the youngsters, go for it. Better yet if that head coach has the potential to one day step in as head coach f0r the Habs.

Larry Carrière, I would get rid of him as GM in Laval and bring up someone else that has potential to one day make it at the NHL level as well.

I don't want to say Bouchard and Ducharme, per se, but that covers the gist of how we could help improve the team's development with Lefebvre and Carrière being removed from their current positions.

Lefebvre? He'd probably be better in a more limited role as D-coach and, from what we've seen over the years, could doubtfully be much worse than Daigneault, if he was.

Carrière? I think he's been around for enough different administrations to be plain let go.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Giving Lefevbre a promotion would be a huge mistake. He was NOT a good ass coach he Colorado

It would.probably be better for the ahl because of the people replacing him but it would also promote a big lack of.accountability.

And i am not sure it would send a good message in the dressing room where we are trying to institute a winning attitude with a 6 year loser...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad