Vincent Lecavalier to have his Jersey No. 4 retired on Feb. 10, 2018

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
https://www.nhl.com/news/tampa-bay-lightning-to-retire-vincent-lecavaliers-jersey/c-291330802

Former captain Vincent Lecavalier will have his No. 4 retired by the Tampa Bay Lightning before the game against the Los Angeles Kings at Amalie Arena on Feb. 10.

Lecavalier's number will be the second to be retired by the Lightning. Martin St. Louis' No. 26 was raised on Jan. 13.

"It is a great honor to have my number retired and I'd like to thank the Lightning organization and Jeff Vinik for recognizing me with this achievement," Lecavalier said in a statement. "The Tampa Bay community and our fans have treated me and my family so amazingly that this honor is extra special to share it with everyone. My family and I are very excited for Feb. 10 when we can share so many memories."

Lecavalier, selected by Tampa Bay with the No. 1 pick in the 1998 NHL Draft, had 949 points (421 goals, 528 assists) in 1,212 games with the Lightning, Philadelphia Flyers and Kings. The four-time All-Star won the Stanley Cup in 2004 and the Maurice Richard Trophy as the League's top goal-scorer with 52 in 2006-07, when he set a Lightning record with 108 points. Lecavalier's 383 goals are also a Tampa Bay record.

Deserved for sure.

This is my favorite Vinny Play. Just dancing and walking 4 Flames.

Reactions: Iceman

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Awesome! We've been pretty lucky as a young franchise to have so many great players come through already.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It always was a matter of when, not if. That will be two awesome jerseys in the rafters. :handclap:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I gotta make sure I make it to this game. Still think 4 should've gone up before 26, but at least it's finally happening.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
You knew it would happen but it's still really great, huge congrats to him.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
This is fantastic. He was my favorite player from day 1 for me and pretty much the reason I decided to follow the Lightning in the first place.

Tempted to fly over for this!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It always was a matter of when, not if. That will be two awesome jerseys in the rafters. :handclap:

It may have taken the team a while to get the jersey retirement going (since Tampa is still a relatively newish team..kind of)

But MAN!!! The two epic names/players/jerseys we have/are going to have hanging from our rafters is incredible. Two amazing players. Vinny deserves this so much.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It may have taken the team a while to get the jersey retirement going (since Tampa is still a relatively newish team..kind of)

But MAN!!! The two epic names/players/jerseys we have/are going to have hanging from our rafters is incredible. Two amazing players. Vinny deserves this so much.
Eh - not really. Do the Sharks have anyone in the rafters yet? Sens had Alfie but that was only a couple of years ago. Later expansion teams don't have anyone (I think). When factoring in how awful expansion teams are, and the fact that for jersey retirement you need both a) long career, and b) significant achievements, I'd say ~25 years after founding is about as good as can be reasonably expected this day and age.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The Tampa Bay Lightning will retire Vincent Lecavalier’s No. 4 on Saturday night when the Bolts host the Los Angeles Kings at AMALIE Arena, presented by DEX Imaging. The pre-game ceremony will begin at 6 p.m. and the game will start at 7:50 p.m. Fans in attendance will receive a Lecavalier mini-locker with his Bolts jersey No. 4.

The pre-game ceremony honoring Lecavalier’s career will include NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, Lightning Chairman and Governor Jeff Vinik, Lightning CEO Steve Griggs, as well as former teammates and executives. The hour-long ceremony will also include the banner raising of his No. 4 jersey.

Lightning to retire Vincent Lecavalier's No. 4 prior to game vs. Kings on Feb. 10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad