Rumor: (Lebrun) Is Subban being shopped?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Lebrun wouldn't casually mention this rumor unless he had good insider information. He works for TSN and they just don't throw rumors out there like Eklund does.

Subban makes plenty of sense for a team that has a player (a W or a C) with a big money contract going to NSH.

It's an old cliche, but "where there's smoke there's fire" always.
LeBrun is an idiot and he absolutely throws click bait garbage out constantly. I am more of an “insider” than he is. He’s right up there with Eklund and this garbage is just another straw in the hay stack of evidence.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I HIGHLY doubt nobody has even inquired to him about his availability given the whispers surrounding that Subban might be on the block given their blue line upcoming contract situations

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Interesting nugget from Pierre Lebrun in the The Athletic today:

We heard the same denials from Bergevin right around the same time as well....

LeBrun specifically said yesterday he had no information on Subban being available, and he has no idea where those rumors are coming from. Here's his article on the Athletic, at least the first part that is free to read for everybody:

I was about to go on Finnish national television during an intermission of a Stanley Cup final game recently when my fine host asked me before we went to air if I’d address the P.K. Subban trade rumours.

To which I responded, what rumours? I certainly had nothing to offer on the subject. So, we chatted about other NHL topics.

But for whatever reason, those rumours have been out there, and the GM of the Nashville Predators doesn’t understand it either.

“You see tweets from different places, but, that’s not happening,’’ David Poile told The Athletic when asked about a potential Subban trade.

“Nobody has even called me about him,” added Poile. “P.K. played terrific this year. He played really well. He’s a really good player. He’s one of the three candidates for the Norris Trophy. I really don’t know where this comes from.’’

LeBrun: Predators GM David Poile makes it very clear P.K.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Lebrun wouldn't casually mention this rumor unless he had good insider information. He works for TSN and they just don't throw rumors out there like Eklund does.

Subban makes plenty of sense for a team that has a player (a W or a C) with a big money contract going to NSH.

It's an old cliche, but "where there's smoke there's fire" always.

The tired "smoke/fire" saying as pertaining to rumors is an idiotic thing to say. No, the rumors don't always have a basis in reality. To pretend otherwise is just weird,

Also, you're right that Lebrun wouldn't mention that rumor unless he had insider info. The insider is Poile, and the information he provided is that Subban is not available. He literally just told you so.

Reactions: RickP

Jan 21, 2018
Lebrun for Subban

Upon further investigration, when factoring in contracts

Subban (9M) > Weber (7.8M)
Lebrun (a lot less than NHL player minimum wage) > Weber (7.8M)

since Subban got traded for Weber, one must only assume Lebrun > Subban

I change my mind

Lebrun for Subban+

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The tired "smoke/fire" saying as pertaining to rumors is an idiotic thing to say. No, the rumors don't always have a basis in reality. To pretend otherwise is just weird,

Also, you're right that Lebrun wouldn't mention that rumor unless he had insider info. The insider is Poile, and the information he provided is that Subban is not available. He literally just told you so.

As tight lipped as TOR was in the last few years there were still a few rumors before a trade became a reality: Kessel, Clarkson + Bernier (in and out) plus in Lou's era Boyle and Andersen. We heard these names before they became Leafs.

Just because this potential trade hurts your feelings doesn't mean that it's not true.

Poile is obviously not going to admit it because he's not a fool. A foolish GM would be completely transparent.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
As tight lipped as TOR was in the last few years there were still a few rumors before a trade became a reality: Kessel, Clarkson + Bernier (in and out) plus in Lou's era Boyle and Andersen. We heard these names before they became Leafs.

Just because this potential trade hurts your feelings doesn't mean that it's not true.

Poile is obviously not going to admit it because he's not a fool. A foolish GM would be completely transparent.

When Bergevin was talking to other teams about Subban 2 years ago, some actual insiders (like Dreger, LeBrun, McKenzie) talked about it and gave specific details, and they all said there was stuff going on.

This year, all of them are saying they have absolutely no info on Subban being available, and they don't know where the rumors come from.

No credible insider ever said anything about Subban being on the trade block this year. The only one who said something that might sound like that was Pagnotta, and he later said he never implied that Subban was on the trade block. He just thinks Subban will be traded because of his contract and the Preds salary cap situation in the upcoming seasons.

Reactions: Tex76

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal

Why would a potential trade hurt my feelings? I couldn't care less what the Predators do with their players. Giving us an example of how some names are sometimes mentioned befire trades happen doesn't change the fact countless other names are mentioned without being traded.

I have no idea what's going on with Subban. I'm just telling you that your assumption that Lebrun knows more than he has said is wrong, and that your interpretation of the events is wrong. You can't use Lebrun to pretend Subban is on the block because nothing Lebrun has written about Subban points toward this. At all.

You think Subban is on the block? Be my guest! You have people or quotes to back it up? Use them. Don't use stuff that says exactly the opposite of what you're trying to say. It makes you look ridiculous.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Interesting nugget from Pierre Lebrun in the The Athletic today:

We heard the same denials from Bergevin right around the same time as well....

When Poile trades Subban: "I said nobody ever called me about him. I was in fact receiving several text messages a day about a possible trade, so I wasn't lying."

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Why would a potential trade hurt my feelings? I couldn't care less what the Predators do with their players. Giving us an example of how some names are sometimes mentioned befire trades happen doesn't change the fact countless other names are mentioned without being traded.

I have no idea what's going on with Subban. I'm just telling you that your assumption that Lebrun knows more than he has said is wrong, and that your interpretation of the events is wrong. You can't use Lebrun to pretend Subban is on the block because nothing Lebrun has written about Subban points toward this. At all.

You think Subban is on the block? Be my guest! You have people or quotes to back it up? Use them. Don't use stuff that says exactly the opposite of what you're trying to say. It makes you look ridiculous.

Yes I can despite your unparalleled emotion over a potential Subban trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->