Rumor: (Lebrun) Is Subban being shopped?

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
How is this a rumour? All LeBrun said is that Poile denied it. He didn't add any additional colour.

If Lebrun had to ask Poile, that means Lebrun heard something... therefore... he heard a... wait for it... rumor.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I've spotted a trend wherein hockey "journalists" start with a header saying a certain player is on the block. The only information in their following body paragraph is that the player has never been mentioned by anybody, the GM is denying it, and it wouldn't make sense for anybody cap-wise.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I've spotted a trend wherein hockey "journalists" start with a header saying a certain player is on the block. The only information in their following body paragraph is that the player has never been mentioned by anybody, the GM is denying it, and it wouldn't make sense for anybody cap-wise.

Except LeBrun's article about this subject, in the Athletic, possesses this title:

"LeBrun: Predators GM David Poile makes it very clear P.K. Subban will not be traded"

So....what's your point?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Except LeBrun's article about this subject, in the Athletic, possesses this title:

"LeBrun: Predators GM David Poile makes it very clear P.K. Subban will not be traded"

So....what's your point?

I didn't read the article, or look at the title.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

Lebrun wouldn't casually mention this rumor unless he had good insider information. He works for TSN and they just don't throw rumors out there like Eklund does.

Subban makes plenty of sense for a team that has a player (a W or a C) with a big money contract going to NSH.

It's an old cliche, but "where there's smoke there's fire" always.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Just TSN fishing for stories, leading up to July 1st.

No hint of the Preds shopping Subban, Preds' own GM saying he's not shopping Subban.

TSN: "Preds might move Subban?! Stay tuned, guys, and check out our trade board while you're at it!" :scared:

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad