LeBron speculation thread

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
No one is accusing lebron of being a bad person. What is clearly being stated is that you can't base your opinion off of their public image alone. But you guys are into role models and **** so idolize away.

This is the statement that started it

My opinion whether right or wrong and you guys go and get butt hurt. I'm talking basketball while you guys are getting offended and acting like children.

I'd like for you to point out where anyone called Lebron their role model or said they idolize him.

It's possible to not idolize a guy while also possessing the ability to not accuse him of being a bad guy because Tiger Woods turned out to not be so great.

I can't believe this is where this conversation has gone :laugh:

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Lol are these really the sorts of reasons people have drawn up in their head to dislike or discredit Lebron? This thread is just pathetic.

Not sure why everyone is missing the point to what I'm trying to say. I like LeBron just fine, he's one of the best of all time, and he's a good overall team player.

My point is that it seems like he would want to play for teams where he'd be considered as the greatest player to suit up there, be their franchise icon...to build on his legacy. That won't happen given the Lakers' history. He'd always be compared to the legends like Jerry West, Kareem, Magic, Kobe. If he wants to play in LA, I think the Clippers will suit him better.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Not sure why everyone is missing the point to what I'm trying to say. I like LeBron just fine, he's one of the best of all time, and he's a good overall team player.

My point is that it seems like he would want to play for teams where he'd be considered as the greatest player to suit up there, be their franchise icon...to build on his legacy. That won't happen given the Lakers' history. He'd always be compared to the legends like Jerry West, Kareem, Magic, Kobe. If he wants to play in LA, I think the Clippers will suit him better.
I think he only cares about stepping into a championship. He couldn't do it the hard way and has learned why waste all that energy when you can just make up a team overnight and make the finals.

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California

My apologies then if I put words in your mouth. We've got a couple people in here who seem to have a blinding, irrational hate for Lebron so I wasn't sure if you were adding to those points.

I do disagree though that Lebron would have any issues playing with the lakers due to their history. He loves comparing himself to all time greats.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
My apologies then if I put words in your mouth. We've got a couple people in here who seem to have a blinding, irrational hate for Lebron so I wasn't sure if you were adding to those points.

I do disagree though that Lebron would have any issues playing with the lakers due to their history. He loves comparing himself to all time greats.
provide specific examples of this hate.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Let's face it, LeBron has always been about his legacy
And you're missing my point. The Lakers are like the Yankees, Dallas Cowboys, Man U...LeBron will only be a cog in the rich history of the team, unlike what he was with the Heat and Cavs.

Depending on what happens in the next 2-3 weeks, Lakers could be the much better team to join next year. What is the point of playing for the Clips and having to carry the load in his mid 30's? He did that enough in his 20's and playing for the Lakers would be a nice notch on the belt.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Depending on what happens in the next 2-3 weeks, Lakers could be the much better team to join next year. What is the point of playing for the Clips and having to carry the load in his mid 30's? He did that enough in his 20's and playing for the Lakers would be a nice notch on the belt.
I doubt he could get 3 other big names to come to the Lakers at a discount where as the Clippers have a pretty good team if they can keep their core. His best option would be going to the Clips.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
provide specific examples of this hate.
giphy.gif

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Lol stop. Could post a bunch of garbage from you. It would 100% be followed up with some nonsensical discussion about how it's not hate. No one wants to waste their time with you and your Bill Cosby comparisons.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I hated Lebron in Miami...they were so easy to root against, especially battling Popovich and the good guys of the league.

I respected his move to go back Cleveland, and he has silenced most of the hate I had for him the last 3 seasons.

Kevin Durant ruined the NBA. At least when Lebron joined the Heat he sort of maniacally planned the super team himself. KD just joined the best homegrown team of all time (AINEC), and then ruined it and all the magic it had. Leaving any parity the NBA was grasping at in ruins.

So that being said, I'd love to see a Lakers super team. Lebron doesn't owe Cleveland anything more IMO. I hate the new NBA but I want to see other teams capable of beating the Warriors at least.

I doubt he could get 3 other big names to come to the Lakers at a discount where as the Clippers have a pretty good team if they can keep their core. His best option would be going to the Clips.

He doesn't need to, just him and Paul George at a reasonable cap hit and they're set. Well the main problem there is one would have to play PF....and then what happens to Ingram??

Ball, Clarkson, LBJ, PG13, Lopez/Randle
Ingram

That'd be ridiculous.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Lol stop. Could post a bunch of garbage from you. It would 100% be followed up with some nonsensical discussion about how it's not hate. No one wants to waste their time with you and your Bill Cosby comparisons.
I wasn't comparing him to Cosby. You are dense.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I hated Lebron in Miami...they were so easy to root against, especially battling Popovich and the good guys of the league.

I respected his move to go back Cleveland, and he has silenced most of the hate I had for him the last 3 seasons.

Kevin Durant ruined the NBA. At least when Lebron joined the Heat he sort of maniacally planned the super team himself. KD just joined the best homegrown team of all time (AINEC), and then ruined it and all the magic it had. Leaving any parity the NBA was grasping at in ruins.

LeBron was lucky in his situation as he was best friends with Wade and Bosh, and they planned in 2006 to sign the same contracts so they could all hit free agency at the same time and make a big 3/super team. KD didn't really have that option. I'm not sure how he ruined it when they went 16-1 in the playoffs and he had an amazing finals performance, driving the bus on the way to a near-sweep.

While his move back home to CLE was a nice story, don't forget it was conditional on them adding a third star (Melo, Aldridge or Love) to complement Kyrie and him.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
LeBron was lucky in his situation as he was best friends with Wade and Bosh, and they planned in 2006 to sign the same contracts so they could all hit free agency at the same time and make a big 3/super team. KD didn't really have that option. I'm not sure how he ruined it when they went 16-1 in the playoffs and he had an amazing finals performance, driving the bus on the way to a near-sweep.

While his move back home to CLE was a nice story, don't forget it was conditional on them adding a third star (Melo, Aldridge or Love) to complement Kyrie and him.
Not only that he left Cleveland high and dry and they got nothing for him. At least George is saying a year in advance that he wants to bounce so Indiana can at least get something.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
So we're now criticizing LeBron for exercising his rights as a free agent?

If PG has made his decision already that's lovely, but LeBron hadn't and was under no obligation to.

Cleveland were free to try trade him in advance if they wanted to, but they preferred to try keep him around. That's there call.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So we're now criticizing LeBron for exercising his rights as a free agent?

If PG has made his decision already that's lovely, but LeBron hadn't and was under no obligation to.

Cleveland were free to try trade him in advance if they wanted to, but they preferred to try keep him around. That's there call.

LeBron pretty much decided in 2006 that he would be a free agent in 2010, except if the Cavs had won a title before then.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
LeBron pretty much decided in 2006 that he would be a free agent in 2010, except if the Cavs had won a title before then.

This is nothing but speculation on your part with really nothing to support it.

If this was common knowledge then again the Cavs could have traded him.

If he really wanted out he could have demanded a trade.

Before I get some nonsense about he didn't want to do such a thing because of his legacy, even Kobe did it, the guy everyone is constantly praising for loyalty.

Regardless, even if it were the case, so what? He played out what he was obligated to do.

Whenever I have moved jobs I haven't told my employer btw I'm going to leave soon. You keep your options open until you need to make a decision.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
This anti-LeBron crowd pretty much knows everything about him from his off-the -court personality and behavior to his business decisions behind the camera.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This is nothing but speculation on your part with really nothing to support it.

If this was common knowledge then again the Cavs could have traded him.

If he really wanted out he could have demanded a trade.

Before I get some nonsense about he didn't want to do such a thing because of his legacy, even Kobe did it, the guy everyone is constantly praising for loyalty.

Regardless, even if it were the case, so what? He played out what he was obligated to do.

Whenever I have moved jobs I haven't told my employer btw I'm going to leave soon. You keep your options open until you need to make a decision.

Its not speculation. Look up news stories from 2009-2010 when he became a free agent.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The only league where players can dictate where they play. Unfortunately he has a home out there. He's already a part of the illuminati. Isn't he gunna star in that new space jam? Personally I have no idea why any person would want to live in Cal-i-forn-i-a or LA especially(believe I have heard there's a volcano around there that's overdue to explode and it would wipe out Hollywood)

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
The only league where players can dictate where they play. Unfortunately he has a home out there. He's already a part of the illuminati. Isn't he gunna star in that new space jam? Personally I have no idea why any person would want to live in Cal-i-forn-i-a or LA especially(believe I have heard there's a volcano around there that's overdue to explode and it would wipe out Hollywood)

Would you mind if I took a screen shot of this comment and used it on my twitter account?

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Its not speculation. Look up news stories from 2009-2010 when he became a free agent.

"news stories" ok.

And again, for arguments sake if your speculation were true (which you've been unable to substantiate) so what? You don't need to tell the team you're going to leave as a free agent, you can leave your options open as long as you like. Again if it was such common knowledge the Cavs could have moved him, but they wanted to back their chances that he might stay.

These are his rights as a player, some of you people are ridiculous with the things you try to criticise him for. He isn't even allowed to be a free agent now lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad