Leaked: Mike Babcock's pregame speech to the boys! *Parody*

KarletonWSnider

Mar 2, 2018
*Parody*

"Well gentleman, today is going to be a windy one out there but we already knew that. I don’t want to get any complaints on the bench saying, ‘I am holding my position.’ We are not holding a goddamned thing! Let the Capitals do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy’s dignity.

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the Leafs Nation are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms of both the Canadian and the USA military, you will bring about the destruction of the Washington war machine, the eliminations of Capitals reign over oppressed fans of The Metro Division, and the security for ourselves in the NHL PLAYOFFS! Now compete for a full 60 minutes and bring home this “W”.

Ready. Aye. Ready!”

I don't know but I've been told
This "rebuild" narrative is getting old
I don't know but it's been said
Our boys are ELITE contenders again.
Sound-off
1 - 2
Sound-off
3 - 4
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
1 - 2 — 3 - 4.

Last edited:

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
giphy.gif

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I don’t know if it’s been told.
I don’t know if it’s been told.
I hear Mitch’s hands are cold.
I hear Mitch’s hands are cold.

Sound off 1-2
Sound off 3-4
sound off 1-2.....3-4.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
*Parody*

"Well gentleman, today is going to be a windy one out there but we already knew that. I don’t want to get any complaints on the bench saying, ‘I am holding my position.’ We are not holding a goddamned thing! Let the Capitals do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy’s dignity.

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the Leafs Nation are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms of both the Canadian and the USA military, you will bring about the destruction of the Washington war machine, the eliminations of Capitals reign over oppressed fans of The Metro Division, and the security for ourselves in the NHL PLAYOFFS! Now compete for a full 60 minutes and bring home this “W”.

Ready. Aye. Ready!”

I don't know but I've been told
This "rebuild" narrative is getting old
I don't know but it's been said
Our boys are ELITE contenders again.
Sound-off
1 - 2
Sound-off
3 - 4
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
1 - 2 — 3 - 4.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
still not as good as Hanta yo

Was Hanta yo used by the Leafs? lol. Hanta yo is an impatient expression, like saying move. And it’s a male expression (female; Hanta. Male; Hanta yo). It’s Lakota I believe.

Hoka hey is an encouragement like; Let’s go, let’s do it. Crazy Horse of the Sioux was quoted as saying “Hokahey, it’s a good day to die!” before riding into battle.

The later is fitting, Hanta yo would be a bit comical.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
The OP is a rewrite of a message prepared by General Dwight Eisenhower for DDay, 1944, together with some cleaned up lines from about the same time by George Patton. Whether or not you think it is any good is up to you.

Judging by a couple of big movies this year, there may be a renewed interest in WW 2 these days.

SUPREME HEADQUARTERS
ALLIED EXPEDITIONARY FORCE
Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force!
You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad