Speculation: League-wide jersey reboot speculation [MOD: Jerseys now revealed]

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
[mod]

different topic:

$

What do you guys think about the Vegas jerseys? I think especially the white ones are pretty sexy. Home is fine, could have been better.

$

What are those "purple" bars on the back though? Seems weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

not the Jets though IIRC. Icethetics already posted informations about the teams that are gonna get new 3rd jerseys a while ago and they did not mention the Jets.

When new uniforms get presented, I LOVE HFBoards. I think there is nothing more entertaining than reading all those pissed posts of people making it a big deal :laugh: Best thing is people saying something about "some idiot with photoshop ****ed it up" :laugh: It just proves that specific poster doesn't have any idea what he's talking about. No designer would use photoshop to work on textile design :laugh:

There are 4 kind of people when talking about new jerseys:

Person A:

"OMG they changed an all time classic look so something different - everything is lost. Why do people not have my understanding of design and branding? I clearly know what's best for my taste. Fire everyone!"

Person B:

"OMG they changed nothing. This represents everything around my team. Fire everyone!"

Person C:

"OMG they changed things that did not need change and didn't change things that needed change. Fire everyone!"

Person D (ignorable minority):

"I actually like what they did."

Regarding the new jerseys:

I like the minor changes they made for many jerseys. But I really really feel for New Jersey. Their new unis are hard to stomach. Nashville is weird. I think you're gonna need to see them with pants and helmet on the ice and everything. It could go either way.

*update*

New Jersey looks MUCH better with equipment

$

Last edited:

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
I hope the HC jerseys become our third. And people like our jerseys. I'd rank them in the top half of the league, I love the Navy and Baby blue combo.

Minnesota's look great, idk if they actually changed anything though.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I hope the HC jerseys become our third. And people like our jerseys. I'd rank them in the top half of the league, I love the Navy and Baby blue combo.

I mostly saw "still boring and bad" as an opinion about the Jets jerseys like 8 out of 10 times.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
That Hossa story is totaaaaaaaaaaaaal bs :laugh: Can't even imagine that they're actually trying to get away with it :laugh:

People who say it's legit: Oh, okay. Let's go with it. Let's say Hossa has nasty alergic reations to usual protection fabrics. A multi-million dollar sports franchise can't just order exclusive custom made protection pieces with different fabric for one of his top players? yeah. Sure. Sounds legit. :laugh:

Best reply from the main board:

:laugh: :laugh:

different topic:

$

What do you guys think about the Vegas jerseys? I think especially the white ones are pretty sexy. Home is fine, could have been better.

$

Those look like practice jerseys
Do not like at all

eepruls

Jan 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
The jersey is fine. They just need to change the colour of the pants to silver or red or put a silver stripe down the blue or something so that everything isn't the same dark blue colour. That's the problem with the home jersey - it's all the same dark blue and so the jersey doesn't stand out as much as it could.

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level

$

Yea the 'purple' is weird and makes it look too busy.
maybe it's the same grey but different material and it just photographs differently..? :dunno:

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

I wouldn't say the Jets current color scheme is terrible. I would have preferred a switch to the HC jerseys simply because they appear brighter with blue, red and white (especially with the red pants). However, I could live with the current colors but I really just wish they would have changed the striping on the jerseys. I was never a fan of the band down the sleeve on any jerseys let alone the Jets. It always reminds me of the John Ferguson era jerseys. Try to imagine the Blackhawks jerseys with a band down the arm and the horizontal stripes below the crest being placed at the bottom edge of the jersey with the colors bunched together like the Jets and suddenly their uniforms don't look so nice anymore. The colors might be the same but the overall look would be diminished. Even with the current color scheme I think the Jets could have come up with a better design to make the overall appearance less dull. An example of how much different a jersey can look even with the same colors, you only need look at the 2 examples below. In some peoples minds the uniforms look the same because the same colors are used but it is how the colors and stripes are placed that can give it a totally different look.

plr279x2.jpg
sullivan2.jpg

:jets

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I quite like what Vegas has done. I like their logo with the negative-space V, I think the Grey looks really sharp and unique, and the little hint of red gives it a nice pop.

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
I think for a first jersey, that's a really strong effort. The home jersey is easily in the top third in the league. Both logos are excellent and the grey is a great base. The only thing I would change would be to either remove the red stripe from the sleeves or slightly widen the gold strip at the bottom of the jersey and add a thin red strip above it.

I'm not too keen on the road jersey but I tend to prefer the colour jersey over the white for nearly every team in the league. I like the use of the grey instead of the black on the road jersey but something about the overall is off-putting. I think it might be the gold next to the white. A red strip would definitely improve that but I don't really like the grey and white next to each other near the top of the sleeve either.

Of course, it can be hard to tell from the pictures so it might look better when worn. Definitely impressed with the home jersey though.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
The Vegas jerseys seemed to have gotten a real range of opinions. A lot of people have reacted negatively to the home jerseys but seem okay with the away jerseys. Maybe it will just take a while to get used to them. They might actually look better once they've been seen in a game situation. I do have to say that all the jerseys look better with the straight edge bottoms. The classics like Montreal, Chicago and the Rangers still look great!

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
The Vegas jerseys seemed to have gotten a real range of opinions. A lot of people have reacted negatively to the home jerseys but seem okay with the away jerseys. Maybe it will just take a while to get used to them. They might actually look better once they've been seen in a game situation. I do have to say that all the jerseys look better with the straight edge bottoms. The classics like Montreal, Chicago and the Rangers still look great!

I would say from the perspective of a fan wearing them, straight-edged bottoms, along with a more crew-neck type collar, just looks better. Cut more like a long-sleeve-T, or a sweater. Cleaner lines, less sloppy-looking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->