Speculation: League-wide jersey reboot speculation [MOD: Jerseys now revealed]

Mighty Joe Moon

Jun 5, 2011
Lockport
I didn't expect much for changes, but I was hoping they'd kill the non-functional shoelace collar. It's awesome when it serves a purpose, like Montreal jerseys in the 70s. It's cheesy otherwise.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I didn't expect much for changes, but I was hoping they'd kill the non-functional shoelace collar. It's awesome when it serves a purpose, like Montreal jerseys in the 70s. It's cheesy otherwise.

How did the Montreal jerseys collar serve a purpose?

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
They still need a change, But Adidas quality>reebok

Maybe our away jersey was tweaked?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
All changes detailed here

IMG_2888.jpg

Last edited:

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Guess I'll still be wearing my white HC Scheifele jersey to any games I go to.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Wow, that's it? Really? I don't understand why they would miss an opportunity to make a significant enough change to create a buying frenzy.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/nhl-and-adidas-unveil-new-uniforms-for-2017-18-season/c-290026060

Lighter - Featuring new cresting materials and construction technology, the ADIZERO Authentic NHL jersey reduces crest weight by up to 46%, while a single layer perforated numbering system reduces number weight by up to 60%, in order to deliver a new jersey that is up to 19% lighter when compared to the current NHL Jersey.

Cooler - The ADIZERO Authentic NHL jersey features adidas Clima® technology in each of the jersey fabrics to deliver breathability and enhanced performance. Combining moisture management technology and a streamlined silhouette to maximize air flow circulation with materials that are up to 133% more permeable than fabrics currently used on ice allows athletes to be cooler.

Stronger - Constructed for durability, the ADIZERO Authentic NHL jersey fabrics are up to 27% stronger in burst testing and up to 72% tougher in abrasion testing compared to the current NHL jersey.

adidas worked with the Winnipeg Jets to respectfully preserve the team's current uniform identity when moving to the new ADIZERO technology platform.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Apparently DowntownBooster did.

We're five years in, and the jerseys still sell like crazy, why would anything change.

No, actually deep down I knew they wouldn't change. I was really hoping they would change to something similar to the HC uniforms because I thought they looked great. Even fans of other teams were really impressed by them and how sharp they looked. It's not often that we receive high praise for anything but those uniforms seemed like a real winner. I can't recall anyone saying our current uniforms look awesome or were one of the best they've seen. It seems they generally get rated as 'meh' when they are ranked among the other teams uniforms. I guess our uniforms do match our bland image as a city by outsiders so in some ways it's probably appropriate that they stay with that look. It's kind of funny that I was hoping that as a minimal change they could get rid of the lace in the collar but they even found a way to keep that. So all in all I am disappointed but not surprised. In reality the chance that they would have changed their uniforms was equal to the chance that Patrik Laine has at winning the Calder Trophy over Auston Matthews --- highly unlikely.

:jets

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/nhl-and-adidas-unveil-new-uniforms-for-2017-18-season/c-290026060

Lighter - Featuring new cresting materials and construction technology, the ADIZERO Authentic NHL jersey reduces crest weight by up to 46%, while a single layer perforated numbering system reduces number weight by up to 60%, in order to deliver a new jersey that is up to 19% lighter when compared to the current NHL Jersey.

Cooler - The ADIZERO Authentic NHL jersey features adidas Clima� technology in each of the jersey fabrics to deliver breathability and enhanced performance. Combining moisture management technology and a streamlined silhouette to maximize air flow circulation with materials that are up to 133% more permeable than fabrics currently used on ice allows athletes to be cooler.

Stronger - Constructed for durability, the ADIZERO Authentic NHL jersey fabrics are up to 27% stronger in burst testing and up to 72% tougher in abrasion testing compared to the current NHL jersey.

adidas worked with the Winnipeg Jets to respectfully preserve the team's current uniform identity when moving to the new ADIZERO technology platform.

According to that Sportslogos article you linked earlier, only 6 teams are using the lighter perforated numbers, and the Jets aren't one of them.

Gabriel Landeskog

Aug 25, 2006
so where can we find RBK jerseys on sale. I don't see much difference so might as well take advantage of a few cheaper jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad