Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Unbiased Canadian said:
Guys,

This draft is for this season only right ???

I'm just curious, because Lehtonen, Jay BO went pretty high!

Unbiased Canadian

Yeah it is, but some people either didn't realise that, or let their love of prospects cloud their judgement. I couldn't believe I got Lidstrom 15th overall.

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:
Guys,

This draft is for this season only right ???

I'm just curious, because Lehtonen, Jay BO went pretty high!

Unbiased Canadian

You are right!

Kari was the 3rd goalie picked and J-Bo the 6th D-man. If you think that next year Kari will be the 3rd best Goalie in the NHL... more power to ya.
I will post what I said again:
"Imagine an NHL with 20 teams, where at the beggining of each season all the GMs do a draft of ALL players, and for THAT year alone. The following year, there's another draft. The idea is that the long-term upside doesn't matter, as you will only retain this player for the 2004-2005 season (so think twice before picking Cam Barker in the first round). Players that have announced retirement I.E. Oates and Larionov are not eligible. Players that might retire but have not announced yet I.E. Hull, Chelios are eligible."
"There will be no scoring, but at the end I would like everyone to submit their full team with line combinations and defensive pairings. I will give this info to a buddy of mine to review without bias.
He knows every stat about every player from the top of his head and to say that he is a "religious hockey fanatic" would be a huge understatement. He will rate the teams... and not based on skill alone.
You also need grit, leadership, enforcement, and a good mix of age groups. You will also need to select a captain and 2 alternates
."

Last edited:

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
OneSpeedOnly, your time has expired. You can post or PM me your pick at any time.

Chicago selects Center, Mario Lemieux.

Jyssy is now on the clock.

ORBluesFan

Jul 31, 2003
Portland, OR
rinkrat13 said:
you mean Matrin St. Louis, right???
he was taken 11th overall - open your eyes...

not this again!

Yeah that's who he meant. I pm'ed him, and he said to take for this pick instead:

RW Jaromir Jagr

Jyssy still on the clock.

ORBluesFan

dwaynester

May 10, 2004
Southwestern Ontario
This sounds interesting....

If you have an owner walk away from a team, let me know, I would like to get involved in this, if possible. I know I am new here, but i think i have a half decent mind when it comes to the NHL, and would like to compare may abilities to others.
I realize I am walking in too late, but just keep me in mind if someone is unavailable.

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
dwaynester said:
If you have an owner walk away from a team, let me know, I would like to get involved in this, if possible. I know I am new here, but i think i have a half decent mind when it comes to the NHL, and would like to compare may abilities to others.
I realize I am walking in too late, but just keep me in mind if someone is unavailable.

Ok. I'll keep that in mind.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
The Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select Alex Tanguay & Wade Redden

:leafs

Tanguay - Thornton - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx - xxxx

Redden - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx

xxxx
xxxx

Negative Ghostrider

Apr 28, 2004
Dallas
Dallas selects Adrian Aucoin.

Kovalchuk - xxxxx-xxxxx
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Gonchar - Aucoin
xxxxx-xxxxx
xxxxx-xxxxx

xxxxx
xxxxx

Last edited:

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
God damn you 2 !!!
I was sitting here thinking I will be able to grab either Aucoin or Jovo and you go and do that to me.
Who am I supposed to pick now.... Karpovtsev???

Anyway, JYSSY is on the clock.

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
OneSpeedOnly , your time has expired. Post your selection at any time.

Unbiased Canadian is now on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->