League Champions vs. Non-European Qualifier Field

League Champions vs. Non-European Qualifiers?

• La Liga: Non-European Qualifiers beats Barcelona

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In each of the big European leagues, could the best combination of players from non-qualified teams to UCL or Europa League beat the League Champions?

City vs. non-European Qualifiers
Barcelona vs. non-European Qualifiers
Juventus vs. non-European Qualifiers
PSG vs. non-European Qualifiers
Bayern vs. non-European Qualifiers

Rules are that it pertains to teams that didn't qualify for European competitions in 2017-18, not the upcoming European competitions starting in the Summer.

If someone wants to make the teams for each of these leagues, I'll add it to the OP.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
All of those teams have lost to a team outside the top 7 at some point. So I guess the answer is technically yes. Just very short odds: the smaller teams don't have any players as good as the stars of the best teams.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
All of those teams have lost to a team outside the top 7 at some point. So I guess the answer is technically yes. Just very short odds: the smaller teams don't have any players as good as the stars of the best teams.

Pretty much.

are we talking about a one off game because the answer is obvious.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If you're talking about a single game the answer is obviously yes they *could* If you're tying to build the best overall team, the answer is absolutely no.

City had 5 players on the PFA team of the year. Non big 6 sides had 0.

Just go position by position and ask if City has a better player or if any team below Arsenal has a better player at that spot. The answer is no at every spot except maybe a CB spot.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
It strikes me that the coach of the EPL Non-Qualifier XI would likely instruct his team not to leave their own half, which wouldn't help their chances.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wasn't talking about a one-off game. The 20th place team can beat the 1st place team. I'm talking about which team is better. Which team wins over two legs?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean, I think its possible to construct a roster to do the job but it depends on the personnel and tactics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad