Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in Buffalo... No seriously.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
If his development continues at the pace that it has, he might be a top pairing guy for us. Great 2-way game.

I usually don't like to get carried away with this stuff, but it's there for me.
It is pretty crazy when I feel more at ease when he is on the ice, than with any of our other D. His poise is ridiculous for a rookie in his first 28 games, and he just thinks the game so well. His game is the perfect blend for the new NHL. I definitely thinking he could be a top pairing guy. His offensive output is pretty good as well (30 pts pace), with no PP time.

Reactions: Leafs1993

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It is pretty crazy when I feel more at ease when he is on the ice, than with any of our other D. His poise is ridiculous for a rookie in his first 28 games, and he just thinks the game so well. His game is the perfect blend for the new NHL. I definitely thinking he could be a top pairing guy. His offensive output is pretty good as well (30 pts pace), with no PP time.

We need to get him in as one of our main PK guys.

Reactions: AppsSyl

weems

Jul 3, 2008

He's one of these new age hybrid defenders who can literally play in any situation.
The ones who can skate, move the puck, chip in offensively and play solid D.
I really like the physicality he brings to the game also.

Kudos to Hunter and his scouting staff on this selection.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
We need to get him in as one of our main PK guys.
Agreed. The couple of times he has been on it briefly. He looked very good. I am really looking forward to seeing him in high pressure playoff games.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
One thing I never understood: Why is everyone writing JVR? His name is James van Riemsdyk, and the "van" is always lower case in dutch names, therefore it's JvR. Not that I can't get any sleep because of this, I'm just curious.:laugh:
when i type JVR i hold the shift button and type the letters. When i try to letter go of the shift button sometimes I usually get confused and just press the shift button again. There are somedays that i sometimes press "JvR" like i just did there but i have to really focus on doing that. Most of the time i am not focused since I want to just make a point and type JVR. I have seen some people who just type jvr in lower case too though which i guess is fine. I think it all just depends on the mannerisms of each individual poster on this site.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
DYX9KSDW4AA-7S1.jpg

Interesting that Babcock scratched Kadri and decided to ice 11F and 6D

:sarcasm:

Gardiner so good that he is on it twice

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
He's one of these new age hybrid defenders who can literally play in any situation.
The ones who can skate, move the puck, chip in offensively and play solid D.
I really like the physicality he brings to the game also.

Kudos to Hunter and his scouting staff on this selection.

Ya, he was a great pick by Hunter.

He is the perfect type of partner for a guy like Liljegren when he is ready. They looked really good together with the Marlies this year before Dermott came up.

I look at our defense and I am not sure if we should trade for that top pairing guy. When you look at it, Dermott is tracking to at minimum be a solid #3 and I think more likely at this point top pairing guy. We have Rielly long term, Zaitsev in reality is better than he is showing this year and likely is a #4 or #5 guy for us. Then you have Liljegren coming through the ranks. Perhaps rather than trade and give up assets we be patient one more year with what we have and take a run at one of the UFA's in 2019 if we feel we need to at that point.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Even though they're not a good team, if hating the Sabres is wrong, I don't want to be right.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Yeah they beat the Sabres. The sooner they clinch the sooner they can rest guys. Guys are starting to get injured. Last thing we need is a few big pieces to go down for a long time. Once we clinch, Rielly, Hainsey, Gardiner all need a few games off. Should probably rotate Leivo, Martin and Moore in to give key forwards some strategic days off too. The luxury of clinching early.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
The Leafs defence were able to exit their zone a lot better than in most games. Gee, Polak looked fine, maybe sign him to an extension. (OK, maybe not)
And JVR looks....more determined recently, good for him. I doubt if he's a Leaf next year.

I don't know why Leaf fan are cheering Boston doing poorly. IMO the Leafs would do better in the playoffs against Tampa, meaning Boston finishes first and Tampa second.

Reactions: saffronleaf

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Leafs have a real opportunity to get home ice now.

Boston is having injury and suspension problems and out of all their remaining games, only one game you can say is going to be clearly in the Bruins favour. (Ottawa)

They only have single days rest until the end of the season. So there's a decent chance we can steal it away as everything is aligning for it.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
The Leafs won?

IN BUFFALO?????

Impossible. Something's wrong here.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Leafs have a real opportunity to get home ice now.

Boston is having injury and suspension problems and out of all their remaining games, only one game you can say is going to be clearly in the Bruins favour. (Ottawa)

They only have single days rest until the end of the season. So there's a decent chance we can steal it away as everything is aligning for it.

That would be perfect, if we're going to play the Bruins being able to have the first 2 games at the ACC would be huge.

Reactions: saffronleaf

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
is it playoffs yet? this shit is boring.

am i unhappy leo is injured? (no.)

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
One thing I never understood: Why is everyone writing JVR? His name is James van Riemsdyk, and the "van" is always lower case in dutch names, therefore it's JvR. Not that I can't get any sleep because of this, I'm just curious.:laugh:

Already got my finger down on the shift key. Too much work to alternate for each letter. JVR it is (or jvr or Jvr, but not JvR or jVr).

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
The Sabres players are kind of like non-Leaf fans from Western Canada: They clearly loathe the Leafs, but the hatred is mostly one-way. For that reason alone, it is always fun to beat up on them.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad