Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Hawks Wednesday 8pm SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
5 losses in the last 6 ... I don’t think Babs should find this the time to have fun with the media

Oh, I think he's quite confident in his position and contract.

He wouldn't be out of work at all if he was to move on.

And the media doesn't care if he(Leafs) wins or loses as long as they have something to write about!

Last edited:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
sorry. 3.
matthews disallowed, matthews, and marleau's.
i know the offense has been stagnant at late, but scoring 3 goals should be enough
I'm sure they would be...if they all counted. But yeah the offense has been a problem. Looking a bit better lately, but they've been going way too many games the past couple months scoring 1 or 2 goals. We're not Montreal. We have offensive weapons. Need to score 3 on average that count. Kadri's line needs to produce more (nice goal Marleau, need to keep it up). Need Marner to get going. And be nice if Nylander could score on these breakaways :).

On a side note...I really hate how these challenges impact the viewing experience. Every time the Leafs score I have to stop myself mid-celebration and wait for some kind of challenge. Getting it right (in theory) is nice, but it does suck to lose that instinctive "yes!" reaction because you aren't sure if it's really a goal yet.

But that's more a personal gripe.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
On a side note...I really hate how these challenges impact the viewing experience. Every time the Leafs score I have to stop myself mid-celebration and wait for some kind of challenge. Getting it right (in theory) is nice, but it does suck to lose that instinctive "yes!" reaction because you aren't sure if it's really a goal yet.
It does seem like the Leafs are usually on the wrong side of things when those challenges happen, with the exception of the both games against the Rangers this season on offside goal challenges which went in their favour. Still I also say to myself let's see if that goal gets challenged, especially if we see Kadri standing in front of the net on a goal.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Marner and Marleau should be playing together, liking that. I wish he would just switch JVR and Hyman now and we would be all set.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm sure they would be...if they all counted. But yeah the offense has been a problem. Looking a bit better lately, but they've been going way too many games the past couple months scoring 1 or 2 goals. We're not Montreal. We have offensive weapons. Need to score 3 on average that count. Kadri's line needs to produce more (nice goal Marleau, need to keep it up). Need Marner to get going. And be nice if Nylander could score on these breakaways :).

But that's more a personal gripe.

I'm always hoping they don't score on a play that might be offside.

Yes, really devalues watching the game live.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
We need to scores goals the next two games....lots of goals. Babcock needs to see the offense re-ignited with the new combos. Marleau-Kadri-Marner need to step up and make it really difficult for him to revert back to the old lines when we get home.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Hello again y'all! Is Connor Brown now playing in our PP lines no? He doing it alright it seems no? He plays the game real good, real hard in other ways, but is he now a part of the pp line?

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I like the moves. And everyone is right. About time. I'd go one step further. I'd swap Nylander and Marner. I like Marner with Matthews. I see them paired next season when we lose Bozak and Nylander moves to center. Just get it over with.

Reactions: PuckMagi

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Really pumped about this game.

I think we'll be a much better team with these forward lines. Our defense is obviously problematic given who we are missing... but that will get fixed when Rielly and Zaitsev come back.

I think that all 4 of these lines can be effective and we will score 4+ goals.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Guess we get to see Joey Q outcoach Babs.

Took him like 50 games to figure out Koma's a 4thliner, and Martin is not an everyday player.

Sittler 27

Best fans Anywhere
Jun 12, 2010
Would have liked to see Leo given a try at center on the 4th line and get Leivo in the game

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
If we upgrade Moore on the 4th line it could actually be a matchup line, with 3 lines that can score and are still decent defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad