Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Habs Saturday 7pm ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Can't agree with you on that one. They don't deserve to be good. They dug themselves into this mess, and now they get to enjoy purgatory for a few years. That they deserve.
well the management doesn't deserve success, that's for sure. They do have some annoying fans so maybe you aren't wrong though

IamruKusleaf

Mar 3, 2018
Maple Leaf Gardens
Leaf Nation needs to embrace the long rich history as adversaries and respect the Mo ....
“ screeching halt sound from hell “
Shake my head ......
F€£¥k the Habs and all of their uppity holier than thou attitudes
Let’s crush them into a blue white and Red road kill at our barn , our home , our time !!!!
Maybe we can knock out and drag Turtle Hab Pleks and put him in tbeir locker where he belongs and leave him there !

Leafs overwhelm and storm the brutal Hab nots and send them back home Turtle Hab in tow

No mercy
No letting up

Sorry
ruKus calls it like I sees it!
Goooo F€£¥in LEAFS Goooooo!

Last edited:

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Going back to 14/15, pretty crazy to see how the leafa and habs were in so similar positions. Leafs had a core with players in misued roles, a terrible coach, a gm who did not know what he was doing. We had kessel, Phaneuf, franson, lupul etc and the habs have weber, price, pac-man, etc. The habs have some nice talent on the cirrent roster that is young . Drouin, galchenyuk, are good players. However the habs need to get rid of the loser mentality that they have and need to move on from french dominant mangment. Hiring competent people as opposed to just a francophone is a must for the habs. I might be in minority but I want to see the hhabs become good again and then get their butts handed to them. No real fun in beating a team, when they suck.

Yeeeahhh..I'd like nothing more than to see them in the basement for at least the next 20 years.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
One of my most dearest friends is a Hab's fan and even though I consider him a brother he was always so smug about how his habs were managed and how crappy the leafs were run, and how that would never happen in Montreal...the fans wouldn't allow it.

Oh how calm and rational he's been this season!

Love it!

I feel bad for the habs cause we've been there. But yeah, let em sit on piss poor management for awhile.

(scary thought...what if they sign JVR and Tavares in the off season o_O)

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
One of my most dearest friends is a Hab's fan and even though I consider him a brother he was always so smug about how his habs were managed and how crappy the leafs were run, and how that would never happen in Montreal...the fans wouldn't allow it.

Love it!

I feel bad for the habs cause we've been there. But yeah, let em sit on piss poor management for awhile.

its hard to feel sorry for them for sure, just the smugness of there fans, when we were really sucking, a few of my friends are hardcore habs fans and gave it to me every year, and now im giving it to them, it does feel real good for a once to be on the right side lol!

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I like the idea of us both being good, the Toronto and Montreal rivalry is legendary but it's existing on the past and fumes at this point. Give me a 7 game playoff series where the team and cities hate each other, the Leafs win of course.

Reactions: hamzarocks

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Can they afford either one knowing that Price's 8 year contract for $10.5 million AAV starts next season. The truth is if either one wants to contend Montreal is far from doing that, so that makes Toronto a much better destination.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I'm sure they enjoyed it when the Leafs were a losing team prior to last season.

Damn straight, they were loving every bit of it..so lets not slip into this habit of feeling bad for the state their team is in, we're rivals..its OKAY to take joy and pleasure in seeing them in utter disarray and to want it to continue forever and ever amen.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Love it!

and have nearly half their cap for the next several years tied up in 4 players? I'd love that

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Damn straight, they were loving every bit of it..so lets not slip into this habit of feeling bad for the state their team is in, we're rivals..its OKAY to take joy and pleasure in seeing them in utter disarray and to want it to continue forever and ever amen.

That's the problem though we're not really rivals any more, we've either sucked and they've been good or vice versa for for the last 25 years. We're both bigger rivals with Boston these days. I want that fire back, I want the cities to be spell bound watching a playoff series, I want the streets filled with screaming fans in both cities wanting to tear the other apart (metaphorically, not looking to see riots or violence).

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
That's the problem though we're not really rivals any more, we've either sucked and they've been good or vice versa for for the last 25 years. We're both bigger rivals with Boston these days. I want that fire back, I want the cities to be spell bound watching a playoff series, I want the streets filled with screaming fans in both cities wanting to tear the other apart (metaphorically, not looking to see riots or violence).

I agree on the ice we've become bigger rivals with the Bruins these days, 2013 playoffs and soon to be 2018 playoffs...the last time we played the Canadiens in the playoffs was in 1979!! and if not mistaken before 2013 the last time we played the Bruins in the playoffs was 1974 so it doesn't take long to reawaken rivalries, but in the historical sense we are still very much rivals with the Habs.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Were always going to have the historical part of the rivalry with Montreal. As for Boston I can see why you would think that given what happened in 2013 and because we might be playing them again in the first round. However if the Leafs never blew that 4-1 lead in Game 7 is there even a rivalry with them? A lot of that will get brought up by the media and I assume by Bruins fans as well.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I agree on the ice we've become bigger rivals with the Bruins these days, 2013 playoffs and soon to be 2018 playoffs...the last time we played the Canadiens in the playoffs was in 1979!! but in the historical sense we are still very much rivals with the Habs.

I don't think it would take much to get it going but it's like a fire that's died down and embers remain. We need to toss another log on the fire. Montreal see's Boston as it's main rival and that's a travesty.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Were always going to have the historical part of the rivalry with Montreal. As for Boston I can see why you would think that given what happened in 2013 and because we might be playing them again in the first round. However if the Leafs never blew that 4-1 lead in Game 7 is there even a rivalry with them? A lot of that will get brought up by the media and I assume by Bruins fans as well.

True, Ottawa might have been a better option but Montreal views Boston as it's biggest rival and it's not remotely close. It's hard to get that level of hate in the regular season.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Can they afford either one knowing that Price's 8 year contract for $10.5 million AAV starts next season. The truth is if either one wants to contend Montreal is far from doing that, so that makes Toronto a much better destination.

I think they could afford 1 depends what they do over the summer. I do see them making a strong push for Taveres.
JVR if he gets term (8) likely could be signed for as low as 6.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Hello y'all :heart:
I mean is there are chance andersen will start tomorrow mayne=? What is this dirt rigth here mann. Mclehhenny is tha man if he hurt, but he might not even be not hurt anymore mayne.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
In town for this game with my wife and parents. Wife is a Sens fan but she's been watching the Leafs with me all year. I think she may be slowly converting. This is her first time at the ACC but we've seen a few Leafs vs. Sens games in Ottawa the past few years and also in Vegas back on NYE.

My parents haven't been to a Leafs game since 2001 (last time for me too) vs. Lindros and the Rangers!

Pumped for this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad