Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Habs Saturday 7pm ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I just want the Leafs to continue this 3 game winning streak they are on and have the 11 game home winning streak to continue, along with the possibility of getting into 2nd place of the Atlantic. Plus the more wins means they are closer to officially clinching their playoff spot.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
What is with these dumb suggestions that Sparks should get starts ahead of McElhinney?

Sparks has been amazing for the Marlies and it wouldn’t be a bad idea to reward him with a game. Especially because McElhinney, if played on Saturday, will of played most of a 3-in-4 which Andersen doesn’t even play.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Sparks has been amazing for the Marlies and it wouldn’t be a bad idea to reward him with a game. Especially because McElhinney, if played on Saturday, will of played most of a 3-in-4 which Andersen doesn’t even play.

And McElhinney has been amazing for the Leafs and it wouldn't be a bad idea to reward the guy who has played exclusively in back-to-back situations and done well.

The team's position hasn't been solidified. The games still matter so the best available goalie should be playing. Sparks is just here to warm the bench while Andersen is out. Don't give me this crap about starting the AHL goalie over the guy with a 9-4-1 record, 2.25 GAA, .930 SV% and far more experience in a scenario like this.

Reactions: egd27

Cotton

May 13, 2013
And McElhinney has been amazing for the Leafs and it wouldn't be a bad idea to reward the guy who has played exclusively in back-to-back situations and done well.

The team's position hasn't been solidified. The games still matter so the best available goalie should be playing. Sparks is just here to warm the bench while Andersen is out. Don't give me this crap about starting the AHL goalie over the guy with a 9-4-1 record, 2.25 GAA, .930 SV% and far more experience in a scenario like this.

I’m not giving you crap, i’m explaining why the notion has some worth. McElhinney has been great, but he just played a game and a half, the last facing 40 shots, it’s not unreasonable to think Sparks could see a game before going back to McElhinney if Andersen is still out.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal literally has the worst road record in the league.
Toronto is 2-0 in Montreal 4-3 (SO) and 6-0.

The Leafs need to pour it on, bring a couple more 6-0 games and sweep the season series.

Would feel better with Andersen but McBackup will have to do. He hasn't faced montreal since he's joined the Leafs as far as I can tell. He did play two games against them with the Jackets in 2014-15. He was 0-2 3.08ga and .878 sv%

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Going back to 14/15, pretty crazy to see how the leafa and habs were in so similar positions. Leafs had a core with players in misued roles, a terrible coach, a gm who did not know what he was doing. We had kessel, Phaneuf, franson, lupul etc and the habs have weber, price, pac-man, etc. The habs have some nice talent on the cirrent roster that is young . Drouin, galchenyuk, are good players. However the habs need to get rid of the loser mentality that they have and need to move on from french dominant mangment. Hiring competent people as opposed to just a francophone is a must for the habs. I might be in minority but I want to see the hhabs become good again and then get their butts handed to them. No real fun in beating a team, when they suck.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
it's kinda sad that Habs fans don't even want to win. they deserve to be good again so they can hate us again
Can't agree with you on that one. They don't deserve to be good. They dug themselves into this mess, and now they get to enjoy purgatory for a few years. That they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->