Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Habs 7:00pm Feb 23rd... Need a big W

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen
Nylander-Tavares-Marner

Play those 6 for 45 minutes, have the rest of the forwards just lie down stacked up in the crease behind Andersen for the remaining 15 minutes.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Marleau off of Matthews' line?!?!

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm predicting the new line with Johnsson has a couple bad shifts and Babcock goes straight back to Marleau.

If Nylander can produce with Marleau and Brown, he'll be a god.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Going to need to step up for the next one. Obvious, but they've got to do it. This slide can't go to four games with Montreal right behind us.

Hopefully they find as complete effort as they can manage and remember how to score goals.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Biggest game of the year, simply because Montreal and Boston are two teams relevant to us most in the standings. We don’t play Boston anymore, and the other game with Montreal is game 82, by which time the game may be irrelevant to the standings.

Game 61 tomorrow vs Montreal is about as big as it gets right now. No excuses. Win this one.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Another one I'm forced to miss and wish I didn't have to.
Didn't look at the schedule when purchasing concert tickets. My long range planning can use some work.

Unless Price steals one, Leafs win this comfortably .

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
When Nylander plays poorly, Babcock decides to stick him with 4th liners. When Nylander plays well, Babcock decides to stick him with 4th liners

Reactions: NiftyMits

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
When Nylander plays poorly, Babcock decides to stick him with 4th liners. When Nylander plays well, Babcock decides to stick him with 4th liners
It's a no win, all lose proposition for Nylander to be sure! Babcock going to do his best Babcock improvisation.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Inopportune time to have our longest losing streak of the season. Would be great to halt that slide here, create some more separation between us and the Habs, and keep the Bruins within striking distance.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's a no win, all lose proposition for Nylander to be sure! Babcock going to do his best Babcock improvisation.
It's almost as if this is about the Team and not Nylander.

Reactions: Loosie

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I don't know how Kyle can sit there and honestly say that he likes what he is seeing from the coaching
You've got to think both Dubas and Shanahan have to be seeing this nonsense from Babcock. Surely, if it bothers us peons, it must be bothering management? No?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Thought maybe people aren't angry anymore by now ... after last night.... maybe not...

Effort wasn't bad... but refs sucked and no execution.

Anyway on to the Habs

Poor Nylander...

I thought Nylander looked very good at center yesterday, big ask for him to carry those wings though after one and a half games as a center

If he can I'd be tempted to leave him there because that's going to take some serious line driving

Reactions: Burnie97

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I don't know how Kyle can sit there and honestly say that he likes what he is seeing from the coaching

Especially when Dubas makes a big trade for a d-man and Babcock puts him on the third pairing
I posted this in another thread:

Kyle Dubas on Jake Muzzin: “The key is his ability to play at the top end of our defense, in all situations, and against the other team’s top players”

Kyle Dubas on Jake Muzzin: "The key is his ability to play at the top end of our defense, in all situations, and against the other team’s top players" | Maple Leafs Hotstove

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Muzzin has been playing less than 19 minutes a game since coming here.

How does make any sense?

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
You've got to think both Dubas and Shanahan have to be seeing this nonsense from Babcock. Surely, if it bothers us peons, it must be bothering management? No?

4 years coaching in Toronto...and Mikey still needs to change personel near weekly to see if they can play together?.....Not good

Reactions: Al14 and NiftyMits

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen
Nylander-Tavares-Marner

Play those 6 for 45 minutes, have the rest of the forwards just lie down stacked up in the crease behind Andersen for the remaining 15 minutes.
Damn, dude I love you! :)
I have always wondered what would happen if all 5 players make a "man-wall" by laying on top of each other behind the goalie making an impenetrable wall blocking all shots. :D

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
This could be a great chance for Matthews. Nylander given a gud pro (anchor) since he hasn't played a ton of center at the NHL level. Although I think they played him there a bit in his first partial season. Matthews will have to survive with being given more talent to play with :laugh:.

Hopefully these lines work well against Montreal. If we can get three lines really going that's a good chance to snap this skid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad