GDT: Leafs vs Flames (Pumpers vs Tumblers) Wed Dec 6, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
5 goals and 2 assists and not creating much to deserve more and we are sending him up to the top line? Kind of sucks for Gaudreau especially if we are keeping Ferland there.

That's also a lot more minutes for a guy who has done nothing to show he even deserves the minutes he is getting.

I don't mind shaking up the lines a bit but I think the changes should make sense rather than just randomly sending guys up the line-up.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Time to start giving more ice-time to Bennett and Jankowski. They are playing really well and deserve to get the ice-time over Backs and Frolik right now. Backs and Frolik play good shut down, but Janko and Bennett are way better in the o-zone than the two of them.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
So frustrating, great effort but all these small things are killer; when Glen put Johnny on the ice to win it I said out loud "no not Gaudreau", just had a feeling and then when I saw Backlund I was like why not Jankowski and Bennett in those two spots. Sigh Glen

Also anyone notice "that the hanging onto the puck too long Johnny"has creeped back in? That was his problem last year. He had the great start because he was moving his feet and making lightning quick decisions. Now he's holding onto it just a second too long again.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So frustrating, great effort but all these small things are killer; when Glen put Johnny on the ice to win it I said out loud "no not Gaudreau", just had a feeling and then when I saw Backlund I was like why not Jankowski and Bennett in those two spots. Sigh Glen

Yeah man, even the best of them are about 20% successful.....shootout is crap shot

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

Also anyone notice "that the hanging onto the puck too long Johnny"has creeped back in? That was his problem last year. He had the great start because he was moving his feet and making lightning quick decisions. Now he's holding onto it just a second too long again.

I think he's just a bit snake-bit. He could have easily had a couple of goals in overtime with the one sequence being phenomenal. The penalty happened because he had been on a bit too long. But overall he had a very solid game.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Knew this was coming especially with all the crying from Leaf fans on twitter.

Should get nothing but with it being the Leafs it will be a big suspension.
He was just suspended for something similar. It was obvious to anyone with a brain that he was going to get suspended again.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
He was just suspended for something similar. It was obvious to anyone with a brain that he was going to get suspended again.

That first suspension was BS as well.

This was a 2 minute penalty at most. A suspension would/will be a joke but it is the NHL and they have to look good for all their TO media buddies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
That's a tough loss - I thought Calgary were the better team the entire night, and played the neutral zone virtually perfect all night; almost the reverse of the game in Calgary last week. Anderson was the only thing stopping that from being a landslide road victory.

Quick thought on Tkatchuk - really like this kid. Knows his role, plays it well. Shady spear aside, this guy managed to get under the skin of not only an entire team, but the entire fanbase too. Leafs fans were crucifying the guy for basically doing the same thing taht Nazem Kadri occasionally does.

Good luck the rest of the way. If Mike Smith keeps playing the way he played last night, you guys will be fine.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If he were on the ice, not the bench, I'd agree. Hell it would have been a stretch to give him a minor penalty.

Don't care if it is on the ice or the bench that play didn't deserve anything more than a 2 minute penalty.

The upcoming suspension will be a joke and done to appease the pathetic TO media and loser fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->