Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Funny how often effort can produce results.

Not really many excuses left with the talent we have.
We have top end talent, but have lacked in other areas and still do now. Such is life in a salary cap league. Efforts there, but there's certainly other barriers and issues

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
We have top end talent, but have lacked in other areas and still do now. Such is life in a salary cap league. Efforts there, but there's certainly other barriers and issues
paying Willy 11m to not score 100 points is not top end talent. He's not top 10.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I called the 100 assists/69 goals to end the season.

So i'm calling another one now..

Bos/Tor goes one of two ways:

1. Boston sweeps the series
or
2. Leafs lose in game 7

It's one or the other. Nothing in between. Because that's the way they want it, and that's the way they'll get it

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't think we can afford this series becoming a low scoring defensive and goaltending slugfest

We have to attack, get after there defenseman and make the goaltenders lives tough by parking in front of the net and fighting like hell once were there

Also showing were not going to be physically intimidated and initiating contact would be useful as well

Let's make there lives miserable

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
It wasn't a brag but you talk like they have nothing going for them other then a few talented players. They did some good things. If I woke up from a 1 year coma and read your comment, I'd assume they were bottom 5 in the league.
Talent over comes a lot until the going gets tough. Then pride and coaching play a bigger role. Take most bottom teams like Montreal, add AM, MM and WN and they get 100 points easy.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
If the Leafs play to their capability they should win. I think it just comes down to that.

They don't HAVE to elevate their game. Only reason B's are faves is the Leafs history of lowering their game.

Reactions: BallardEra

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I called the 100 assists/69 goals to end the season.

So i'm calling another one now..

Bos/Tor goes one of two ways:

1. Boston sweeps the series
or
2. Leafs lose in game 7

It's one or the other. Nothing in between. Because that's the way they want it, and that's the way they'll get it
There is zero chance the leafs lose in a sweep.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
paying Willy 11m to not score 100 points is not top end talent. He's not top 10.
What's going to make this even worse is that he's probably going to go back to being the 70-80 point forward he's been for pretty much most of his career and we're going to be hamstrung by that stupid contract for years...
I think Brad has given out the two worst $10 million+ contracts in NHL history in two years...

Last edited:
Reactions: authentic

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
But I thought Boston's goalies are elite compared to Toronto's trash?
Goals saves above expected ..

1713481996790.png

Context.

There are 32 teams in the league and each have a starter #1 goalie (=32 goalies) + each team has backup #2 (+ 32 goalies = 64 goalies) & if you take each team's 3rd string goalies (+32 more = 96 goalies) .

Leafs starting goalie SAMMY has Goals Saved above expected = 87th of 96 goalies which ranks him about the level of a teams low-end 3rd string goalie in GSAx vs. Boston goalies who are both in the top 7 overall in the league,

Which team is likely to get that key save when needed? Sammy has a negative -8.1 GSAx.

Which team has the advantage in net the Bruins or the Leafs who's starting goalie was so bad earlier in the year that he was placed on waivers and NOBODY claimed him?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad