Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
It comes down to the Leafs dont have an answer for Pasta and Marchand and Boston has every answer for Matthews, Nylander and Marner.

Leafs are going to try and bully the Bruins, the refs will do what they always do, get suckered by the B's flipping and flopping around like they were shot by a 12 gauge and/or give the B's phantom calls. The Leafs will get down in the series, abandoned the fake tough guy routine assume their real persona, chickens with their head cut off running around with no structure and then lose in 4 or 5 games.

Leafs season will be over by May 1st.

LeafsStorm

Oct 22, 2011
Does anyone know what the schedule will be past Saturday? I don't want to miss a single game and I usually work a second night job on Fridays, and I need to give my availability for next week today.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Does anyone know what the schedule will be past Saturday? I don't want to miss a single game and I usually work a second night job on Fridays, and I need to give my availability for next week today.
It hasn't been announced. Playing Friday would be doubtful, IMO.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
For better or worse (I'm not sure which one it is), this series probably ensures that Keefe keeps his job, and ironically cause Montgomery to lose his job.
Depends on what happens I guess. If they win one round and then lay an egg again in the second, he's probably gone. If they make the ECF, he's probably fine. If they are bounced in the first round, he gone.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If Montgomery loses in the first round again I imagine he will be fired. This is one of the few match-ups where the Leafs probably have the better coach, for whatever that is worth.
The loser of this series will probably change coaches, even though both teams probably should regardless of outcome.

Reactions: Evilhomer

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
walk me through this one.
I think they will win the first two rounds, so I think his job is safe anyway. At the same time, I could see Shanahan and ownership keeping Keefe if the Leafs lose in 6 or 7 games in round two under the guise of "progress". Personally, I want them to replace him no matter how many rounds they win.

Meanwhile, Boston doesn't tend to suffer this stuff as easily, so they will turf Montgomery a few days after the first round ends.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
No defensive structure that can rely on.
No consistent offensive structure except that stupid basketball drop back pass, no dump and chase, no chip and grind, no fast break out, no structure to rely on.
No individual pride, just a need for personal recognition. Could star players show any less competitiveness.
No team pride. That was just proved in the state of Florida.

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They usually play every other night in round 1, depending on arena availability.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
It hasn't been announced. Playing Friday would be doubtful, IMO.
I'd imagine the home games will be Thursday/Saturday next week but we have played plenty of Friday playoff games over the years so who knows. I think the NHL knows the Leafs can carry an 'off night' like Friday so we may see Wednesday/Friday next week, but I'm expecting the former. I'd rather Friday to be honest as I have tickets for Game 4 but won't be able to make it haha.

Reactions: ACC1224

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think they will win the first two rounds, so I think his job is safe anyway. At the same time, I could see Shanahan and ownership keeping Keefe if the Leafs lose in 6 or 7 games in round two under the guise of "progress". Personally, I want them to replace him no matter how many rounds they win.

Meanwhile, Boston doesn't tend to suffer this stuff as easily, so they will turf Montgomery a few days after the first round ends.
If the Bruins lost to Tampa or Florida he would be a little safer, but losing to the Leafs should be cause for dismissal.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If the Bruins lost to Tampa or Florida he would be a little safer, but losing to the Leafs should be cause for dismissal.
Maybe, but I think he would likely be gone no matter who they lose to - it's how Boston responds to playoff failure. But Cam Neely will keep his job, because he is basically their version of Brendan Shanahan. Middle managers always find a way to survive.

Reactions: Nineteen67

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
No defensive structure that can rely on.
No consistent offensive structure except that stupid basketball drop back pass, no dump and chase, no chip and grind, no fast break out, no structure to rely on.
No individual pride, just a need for personal recognition. Could star players show any less competitiveness.
No team pride. That was just proved in the state of Florida.

Damn... How did we finish with 102 points being this bad?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Maybe, but I think he would likely be gone no matter who they lose to - it's how Boston responds to playoff failure. But Cam Neely will keep his job, because he is basically their version of Brendan Shanahan. Middle managers always find a way to survive.
Probably. I don’t think they’d consider themselves heavy favourites over Tampa or Florida, like they would the Leafs, Washington or Detroit. IMO, they’re not a legit contender either and rely too much on their goalies.

Damn... How did we finish with 102 points being this bad?
Schedule and three point games.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Probably. I don’t think they’d consider themselves heavy favourites over Tampa or Florida, like they would the Leafs, Washington or Detroit. IMO, they’re not a legit contender either and rely too much on their goalies.
Boston won't be "heavy" favourites over Toronto. They will get a slight betting edge because of home ice, but that's about it. The Leafs will win game 1 and the line will flip to favouring Toronto.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Schedule and three point games.
Schedule is pretty much the same for everyone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad