Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Maxmann

Apr 16, 2024
Let’s all be serious. We have all watched this team this year and past years and embarrassment over and over.

The only chance we have in playoffs is very very simple. We must literally play man on man coverage. Don’t go for goals and play massive protect the house. Every shift every second. Everyone play man on man. Don’t worry about the puck. And with our goal scoring ability we wait patient for the odd turn over and look to score.

We will fail in same old fashion going head to head. All we must do is play back protect the house and don’t worry about goals. Our problem is these ridiculous blow outs and quick goals. Playoffs bring tight play. If we can get our coach on board and players on board. Just play protect the house and every man cover a man. This is the only way we stand a chance.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I get the negativity and pessimism is just psychic protection against pain.

But it's still tiresome. As fans of the team, let's lose the "woe-is-me" whinging. It's boring. They're underdogs and underachievers? OK, let's cheer them on anyway!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I suspect if he's scratched he's traded at the draft.

I hope he locks in his spot

We need some form of puck moving and ability to score after Rielly. Him and Edmundson on the bottom pair was pretty solid when they were healthy.

It's basically between Benoit and Brodie for the last spot for me. I fully expect Brodie to play. After game 1, you re-adjust if you need.

Reactions: 1specter

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I don’t think the Leafs were trying to “win” the last two games as much as they were trying to get Matthews a goal. They would have taken the win vs Florida but were not willing to really fight for it.

Florida gets a banner. A division title. That’s a big deal for a non traditional market like Florida. Two years ago there was rumblings Florida was in trouble financially.

I’ll say this, in 24 hours ticket prices in Florida have tanked by $100 a seat, but the NHL gets its original six match up and it gets a battle of Florida. Just means we will be going to the sunshine state for round two.

Hopefully this game gets #16 back on his own line and Domi spots back in.

Reactions: Rob Brown

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006

But it's still tiresome. As fans of the team, let's lose the "woe-is-me" whinging. It's boring. They're underdogs and underachievers? OK, let's cheer them on anyway!
The board is generally miserable as you can see.

Reactions: Brown Dog

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

Fully agree. The let's lose crowd should get lost. I don't think we'll win, but I sure as hell hope we do, and will be cheering for us to!

GLG

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
All that fear mongering that we couldn't find another GM to walk us to the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st round was unfounded.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

weems

Jul 3, 2008
The lack of certainty with our lines and defence pairings is problematic but at the same time we have very strong depth, so there's many options.

Keefe could find the correct lineup very early or this could be a series where our lineup looks quite different game to game.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Keefe noticed too apparently but ain't worried :laugh:

That's some unexpected honesty from Keefe. Puts more pressure on Nylander to flip the switch come Saturday.

Glad to know Keefe isn't worried though lol.

That's a bad quote.

Irrespective of if he feels that way, it's your job to make sure complacency doesn't set it.

Another reason to add to the pile for firing him this offseason

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Matthews had 1 goal in his last 27 shots.

To get back to 19% where he sat all season, he needs to score 7 in his next 13.

Get it done Matty

Reactions: Confucius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad