Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
We make Alex Lyon look like Patrick Roy. We lost to a zamboni driver… I’m sure Swayman and Ullmark will look like Brodeur in net against us.
You said Boston goalies are always hot and I gave you an actual example of when they weren't hot in the playoffs, which is more relevant than you bringing up Alex Lyon. I don't even know what you are referring to with regards to him.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
That 5pm PST start works for me as I have to work that day until 5:30. Maybe I can worm my way out of that dump at 5pm with a good excuse.

Reactions: Jojalu

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The time for talking is over
Put up or shut up

If this core can't do anything this playoffs its almost time to write it off, one of the most talented Leafs teams for generations with literally nothing to show for it

It isn't over yet but things don't look particularly rosie right now

Reactions: Menzinger

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
No I mean like round 1 game 1

2018: 5-1 L
2019: 4-1 W
2020: 3-0 L
2021: nvm this one was 2-1L
2022: 5-0 W
2023: 7-3 L

So most of the time game 1 isn’t really close. I just fumbled the words
If we throw out 2021 it looks like they are due for a blowout win.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Remu

Team Blue
Oct 2, 2019
I can feel the game 7 JVR overtime goal already. Also the ghost of Jake Gardiner out there. I'm going crazy.

Reactions: saffronleaf

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
You said Boston goalies are always hot and I gave you an actual example of when they weren't hot in the playoffs, which is more relevant than you bringing up Alex Lyon. I don't even know what you are referring to with regards to him.
You’re really looking a little too deep into my comment. In recent years, we’ve run into some really hot goaltenders Korpisalo, Price and Bob. We constantly make third string goalies look like superstars during the regular season. So going up against the best tandem in Swayman and Ullmark, I don’t like our chances.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
You’re really looking a little too deep into my comment. In recent years, we’ve run into some really hot goaltenders Korpisalo, Price and Bob. We constantly make third string goalies look like superstars during the regular season. So going up against the best tandem in Swayman and Ullmark, I don’t like our chances.
I'm not reading into it at all, you said Boston goalies are always hot and I gave you the most recent example to show that they are not always hot lol. You just made an inaccurate statement and I commented on it. Don't blame it on me.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
For the 8th season in a row we enter the first round of the playoffs with the worst goalie of the series., we're 1-7 soooo....ya

Reactions: saffronleaf

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The time for talking is over
Put up or shut up

If this core can't do anything this playoffs its almost time to write it off, one of the most talented Leafs teams for generations with literally nothing to show for it

It isn't over yet but things don't look particularly rosie right now

I know things might not be rosy, but I don't want to be defeatist about it. This series is far from lost. Get real (not you in particular, fans in general). Boston has their own issues right now.

For the 8th season in a row we enter the first round of the playoffs with the worst goalie of the series., we're 1-7 soooo....ya

This team is built to outscore their own goaltending issues, no? So if not, then how can you justify having this many expensive forwards? I don't understand what people expect from the goaltending when some of you are in love with the core and don't want it blown up.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Is this a good or bad omen? :laugh:

8n5nw3.jpg

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I'm not reading into it at all, you said Boston goalies are always hot and I gave you the most recent example to show that they are not always hot lol. You just made an inaccurate statement and I commented on it. Don't blame it on me.
You’re right thanks for letting me know they weren’t on their A game last year in the playoffs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Let me preface this by saying Boston is a beatable team and not nearly the Big Bad Bruins of the 2010's with so much roster turnover, a new generation of guys who have under performed and choked in their own way in the playoffs the past couple of years: 2 straight first round exits, a 3-1 series meltdown comparable to the Montreal series, their own demons.

That said, this Toronto Maple Leafs team is in complete disarray. Losing 4 of the last 4, Keefe destroying the positive vibes of the Matthews pursuit with his careless words, the walking dead hockey in Florida. Boston tanking games to get the Leafs.

The Leafs are in trouble and they're done in 6: their undoing will be unpredictable goaltending from Samsonov, no show from Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares offensively, terrible defense by Rielly and getting over penalized trying to match Boston in physicality. The WWE script has been written.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Samsonov/Woll

Nothing more needs to be said.

The only round Leaf fans are used too.

carreer stats in playoff

swayman 2.79 gaa 0.901 % sv
ulmark 3.54 gaa and 0.888% sv

samsonov 3.06 gaa and 0.902% sv
woll 2.43 0.915% sv

playing as 1A/1B or as #1 in playoff, its a world of difference and last 2 tears, goaltending had been #1 issue for Boston. 7 is the number of game boston allowed 4 goal or more ( without empty net) in last 2 playoff in 14 game, its 50% of the time!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad