Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Who would have thought we'd be the underdog heading into Vegas on NYE

Reactions: Pi

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’ll be there....went by T-Mobile this evening and it’s an impressive site on the outside.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I keep thinking “Vegas will slow down eventually,” but no luck so far! They’re still 1st in the west, and 2nd in the league. It’ll be a tough game, they’ve got tonnes of speed, great chemistry, and great goaltending, it’s turning out to be a pretty deadly combo.

Reactions: Atrusai and Pi

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
The Knights are gonna be rested while the Leafs will be playing their third in 4 nights.

But then again, the 3:30 scheduled time means that the kids won't be playing past their bed time.

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
This is where Lou needs to be on patrol personally, making sure none of these kids are screwing around.

quit-screwing-around-you-screw-around-too-much.jpg

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
honestly i'm not impressed with vegas at all. There can't be a 16-2 record and home and 500% away record for no reason. Whenever you see something like that it means that there are outside forces at play. Most likely it has to do with road players being more "vegasy" for novelty sake. Last time we played them I wasn't impressed. We will win this one, babs won't let the kids out of earshot distance. Hell half of them can't even drink anyways, we'll be ready to play, andy in the pipes, win.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
is this game on at 3:30?
i'm going back to my work city sunday i thought this game was at normal Hockey hours lol

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I keep thinking “Vegas will slow down eventually,” but no luck so far! They’re still 1st in the west, and 2nd in the league. It’ll be a tough game, they’ve got tonnes of speed, great chemistry, and great goaltending, it’s turning out to be a pretty deadly combo.

Gerard Gallant is one heck of a coach, he coached one of the best CHL teams ever, made Florida actually look like a NHL team (stupid owners for firing him), I'm not surprised that he has LV playing this well

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
honestly i'm not impressed with vegas at all. There can't be a 16-2 record and home and 500% away record for no reason. Whenever you see something like that it means that there are outside forces at play. Most likely it has to do with road players being more "vegasy" for novelty sake. Last time we played them I wasn't impressed. We will win this one, babs won't let the kids out of earshot distance. Hell half of them can't even drink anyways, we'll be ready to play, andy in the pipes, win.

That is the goal though, to play .500 on the road and play much better at home. LV had a long road trip about a month and a half ago. Any team will get burnt out on a long road trip. LV is 10-7-1 away (.581 points winning %) BTW not .500. That team is good, they are not an aberration. Teams that take them lightly will lose.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Assume Carrick draws back in? It's pretty obvious though, we have a problem with our 6th D, just the mere fact Marincin played for us again is alarming. I'd be surprised Carrick sat, except I've watched him play. Get er done Lou, we need a depth D, clearly.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Gerard Gallant is one heck of a coach, he coached one of the best CHL teams ever, made Florida actually look like a NHL team (stupid owners for firing him), I'm not surprised that he has LV playing this well

He is a good coach and they play extremely fast. I’ve watched a few of their games and I have been impressed.

Having said that I’ve been waiting all year for the bubble to burst. Will it happen the 2nd time through the league? We'll see!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Didn't feel good about the colorado game going in, but I think they'll come to play in this one. they better, at least.

Vegas is still not actually a good team, despite their record. If we show up, goalie and all, we win.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
He is a good coach and they play extremely fast. I’ve watched a few of their games and I have been impressed.

Having said that I’ve been waiting all year for the bubble to burst. Will it happen the 2nd time through the league? We'll see!

TBH I think most people, even myself, think that this bubble has to burst eventually. If you look at the LV team as a whole they are as skilled as our Leafs, do they have a Matthews or Nylander? No, they have a Neal, Karlsson, Marchessault, Perron, Smith, Haula not names with a lot of cache but they are quick and skilled and play well with in a Gerard Gallant system.

We have 5 players with 25 points or more, they have 6. We have 9 players with 20 points or more, they have 8. Their D has no true #1 or #2 but they have 6 guys who could play 2nd pairing (#3/#4) on a lot of teams, you don't see a drop off in skill after their 2nd pairing. The Leafs have a significant drop off after their #4. One might think who cares about a 3rd pairing D but a weak spot is a weak spot and those weak spots get exposed in the playoffs, no matter how far down the roster they may be.

They are fun team to watch but I hope they completely suck tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: libertarian

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Didn't feel good about the colorado game going in, but I think they'll come to play in this one. they better, at least.

Vegas is still not actually a good team, despite their record. If we show up, goalie and all, we win.

You should recalculate your fan stats and then put away your calculator. LV is a very good team.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Assume Carrick draws back in? It's pretty obvious though, we have a problem with our 6th D, just the mere fact Marincin played for us again is alarming. I'd be surprised Carrick sat, except I've watched him play. Get er done Lou, we need a depth D, clearly.

Was Marincin bad? I did not watch the entire game. At least he played 18 minutes, which is better than the 13-14 Borgman and Carrick have only been able to get.

I did notice Polak playing more than Gardiner and getting two points though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->