Proposal: Leafs Trades to Fix Defensive Woes

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Let me know how your doing later tonight after you lose your mansion after living there for just a week.:D

Swing and a miss.

We still have the mansion. Just may not be the best mansion on mansions row. But we have the land and the structure to make improvements.

You'll be homeless for the better part of a decade. No land to build on. No skill to build even a shed. But you still can clutch on to your photos of the past while you're sleeping on the street.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
IMO leafs don't need a top pairing defensemen. They can't afford what it would cost. They don't grow on trees.

I've been pushing Hamilton for Nylander but frankly, Stone would help them more than Hamilton. He's been disregarded as a 3rd pairing guy this year. But the sad thing is Stone and a rookie Kulak could be argued to have outplayed Brodie and Hamonic this year. Brodie is my favorite player in the league so it kills me to say but I trusted our third pairing more than Brodie and Hamonic.

He's a big strong guy that is excellent in front of the net. Him and Brodie last year looked amazing. To me he seems like the perfect guy to put with Reilly.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
IMO leafs don't need a top pairing defensemen. They can't afford what it would cost. They don't grow on trees.

I've been pushing Hamilton for Nylander but frankly, Stone would help them more than Hamilton. He's been disregarded as a 3rd pairing guy this year. But the sad thing is Stone and a rookie Kulak could be argued to have outplayed Brodie and Hamonic this year. Brodie is my favorite player in the league so it kills me to say but I trusted our third pairing more than Brodie and Hamonic.

He's a big strong guy that is excellent in front of the net. Him and Brodie last year looked amazing. To me he seems like the perfect guy to put with Reilly.
We'll give you a 3rd for him

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Over 20m in cap space.

Disposable players/contracts: Alzner and Shaw (9m combined)

Habs stay 4th overall at the draft and draft Tkachuk (or better)

Habs throw 12m at Tavares for 7 years

Habs throw 12m at Carlson for 2 years (rumour has it he would take a short term high money deal)

Habs offer 5x5 to De Haan

Drouin/Tavares/Gallagher
Pacioretty/Galchenyuk/Tkachuk
Lehkonen/Danault/Scherbak
Deslauriers/Hudon/Byron

De Haan/Carlson
Mete/Weber
Reilly/Petry
Juulsen

Price

Yeah, that team would absolutely dump on this iteration of the Leafs. Do any of those players necessarily sign with Montreal? Of course not. Do the Habs trade Pacioretty, Weber, or the 4th overall pick? Maybe.

But to say the Habs have a ZERO percent chance of winning the cup within the next 3 years is single handedly the most stupid thing I have read on these boards in a LONG time. They have 20m in cap space, another close to 9m they can move with draft picks, one of the League's best goaltenders over the last 4 years, one of the League's best goal scorers over the last 4 years, a solid #1 defenseman --- give me a break.

Correct, but neither do the Leafs. All of the Leafs top players are playing in the NHL now.

We still have Mete and Juulsen who are both looking like serious NHLers for years to come.
Scherbak and Lehkonen are going to be two of the League's best 3rd line goal scorers
Byron is goal per dollar the best contract in the League
Chucky and Drouin are still incredibly young and have shown flashes of brilliance

This team is far from needing to completely rebuild, for what it's worth.

To be frank, if the Leafs are too stubborn to fix their defensive woes, their only option is to pray Lilly turns into a #1 or Doughty falls into their lap. Otherwise, this team has doomed Matthews to be the next Mats Sundin.

None of that is happening, your ownership, gm are garbage, your team has zero heart, hell reporters are asking your cap to resign. have a 100 point season then tell us you would wreck us. pretty out of touch with reality post. Montreal is heading towards 2010 leafs. You're also at least 15 years away from a cup

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

No Leaf fan that actually watches the Flames/other Canadian teams want Stone or Brodie. Brodie hasn't been good for 2 years now.

We'd only consider/mull over Andersson for Kapanen/Brown and meet half-way. That's it.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Swing and a miss.

We still have the mansion. Just may not be the best mansion on mansions row. But we have the land and the structure to make improvements.

You'll be homeless for the better part of a decade. No land to build on. No skill to build even a shed. But you still can clutch on to your photos of the past while you're sleeping on the street.
And come the end of the day that little old number will jump to 51 and counting.You'll never get to see that win that the rest of us have enjoyed.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
And come the end of the day that little old number will jump to 51 and counting.You'll never get to see that win that the rest of us have enjoyed.

Sad. You're like a 50 year old guy who can't move past his glory days in high school.

Don't worry, the sun will come up again in Montreal one day. Just bring a flashlight because it's gonna be dark for a while.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Sad. You're like a 50 year old guy who can't move past his glory days in high school.

Don't worry, the sun will come up again in Montreal one day. Just bring a flashlight because it's gonna be dark for a while.
At least i had many glory days.You on the other hand. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
the sun will come up again in Montreal one day.

Coming from a Leafs fan?

Make it out of the first round with a world class player, a goaltender playing out of his mind, and three elite class players (4th, 5th, 8th, 7th overall picks) who you drafted in the top 10.

The Leafs were a cellar team for long enough to get 5 pieces within the top 10.

The Habs have drafted two players in the top 10 in that same time; Sergachev (Drouin now) and Galchenyuk, and are about to add our 3rd bad season.

We still have Weber (world class defenseman for at least another 2-3 years), Patches (world class goal scorer), Price (world class goaltender), a top 5 pick this season, and great offensive depth.

The Habs are 2-3 moves away from being better than the Leafs overnight. The Leafs defensive group is ACTUALLY worse than Montreal's, they just got to hide behind stellar goaltending and ridiculous offensive power this year.

member 290103

Chris Tanev is a perfect fit for Toronto. I know it's been discussed at length, but he would fix a number of issues they have defending.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
If the Leafs defence is THAT what is the Flyers Pens and Wild after their last games.

Flyers have an incredibly young defensive group. Prov, Sanheim, Ghost, Hagg are all 25 or younger. They are young and in many ways finding their way still.

Wild were literally missing their BEST defenseman in Suter for the entire series. They also have Dumba, Brodin and Spurgeon --- their corps is incredibly strong.

Penguins: Letang = Rielly --- Dumoulin = Gardiner --- Maataa > Zaitsev and their bottom 3 is for arguments sake pretty much a wash with Toronto's.

sanfordn

Oct 14, 2017
I'd take weber, as a bought out UFA for 5.25 for 3 years.

We're not trading a star player for him.
This thread is 7 pages of WTF is the media feeding habs fans.

PS..PK up for a Norris.

Reactions: Skin Tape Session

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->