Confirmed with Link: Leafs Sign Timothy Liljegren (Rogle says hes not playing there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He has a lot of the tools that you'd want to see in a potential star defenseman. He did look like a RHD OEL out there a bit. I don't care what a lot of people say but OEL isn't that great defensively, he just plays on a small market team.

The talent level is off the charts and he just needs time in the video room and to work on his defense. He's not Drew Doughty or Aaron Ekblad who can step in and play as an 18 year old but he shouldn't be expected to as an 18 year old picked 17th overall in a meh draft class.

Agreed.

He wasn't always effective carrying it out yesterday, sometimes he got blocked or lost the puck, but other times he looked like a stud, making a quick move and then clearing the zone with ease.

One play in the 3rd. he got the puck under pressure and threw it up to a forward near the blueline, the forward promptly lost the puck and they were back under pressure. I'd expect a good player would have taken the pass and easily cleared the zone. With better players his plays won't die as often.

If the Leafs had a better defense, I might be inclined to give him time playing with a solid NHL veteran in the NHL this year, and live with the growing pains.

If the top 4 is set and we're going to see Marincin, Dermott, Borgman, Rosen, Carrick on the bottom pairing I'd want no part of putting Liljegren out there unless one of Borgman or Rosen are revelations.

Last thing you want to do is putting an 18 year old rookie with some of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad