Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Mason Marchment

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leaked out last week that he was about to sign his ELC.

He's been very good for the Marlies. Not sure about his NHL potential but if he keeps developing you just never know. Another great find from Dubas.

Reactions: stickty111

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
His progress has been special and this signing is much deserved. Hopefully he’ll continue to work on the skill elements in his game because I believe he could be more then 12/13 forward type

Reactions: Palio

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Liked what I have seen from him in my limited viewings. Has a non stop motor and a pretty good shot. He has a chance to be an NHL player.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
So the only forwards who have been in the NHL for over two years would be Kadri and Marleau?
Yes. Don't see a problem with it. Only forward off this year's roster but not my projected next year's roster worth mentioning in terms of being a leader is Komarov. And he's a 4th liner now.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Marchment has worked his butt off and is fun to watch.

Nice to see him rewarded.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
If he is anything like his dad he bring something to this team. Martin i guarantee has/will demand a trade. If he is as tough and mean as his dad he could be a nice replacement with some skill.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Nice signing, we need size in our forward corps. Marchment plays big, is beginning to fill out his frame (according to Keefe, he still can get even stronger) and has some skill to boot. Don't know if he has top 6 upside but he's a good option for size, compete, physicality in the bottom 6 with some skill to boot- prototypical late boomer starting to fill out his frame. From what I've seen, he's a good skater at his size too.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Well deserved and about time. He was the guy who made Rychel expendable.

Now needs to develop his PK and defensive game to truly have a shot as a 4th liner. It'll be tough getting in over Matt Martin and Josh Leivo without a physical element or offensive skill, but simply by the fact they are playing Dominic Moore on the LW instead of playing Martin or Leivo consistently, it has been proven that defense and PK skill could be endearing enough to warrant a top 12 job from Babcock. With Komarov and JvR as UFA's and Leivo and Martin as potential trade bait with only Aaltonen, Grundstrom and Johnsson as his current competition, he does have a decent shot at an NHL job.

Worst case, the guy is still a good forward to have for the Marlies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad