Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens - Sat March 16 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
- I think Boedker is the guy that needs to be bought out since he hardly plays much & keeps getting benched & makes $4 mil.
- they should just let Condon play in Belleville next season & be an injury callup. It's his last yr next season & he is likely done after that in the NHL.
- while Nilsson has had some good games, he has also has some stinkers & doesn't look like an NHL starter but more like a decent backup. IMO they should just let him walk at the end of the season along with most of the other UFAs.
- Anderson will be in his last yr next season with Hogberg as the backup I assume. If Hogberg doesn't show the promise of a starter Ottawa has to find a new #1 goalie next season that can carry this team for the next few yrs at least. Anderson could be re-signed as a backup, but not a starter after next season or as a goalie coach. Ott needs to find a good young #1 goalie if the guys in their org don't pan out, Daccord G should be interesting to watch next yr in his first full pro season.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Taking a look at Nilsson's actual individual game stats do a good job of identifying why he hasn't established himself as a legit starter in this league yet - half of his games he's been amazing, the other half he's been real bad. He looked like a world-beater the other night, but if you look at the EIGHT games he played immediately before the Blues game, he's been real bad, to the tune of 29 goals against in 8 games (3.625 GAA, .868Sv%)

It's not just "a stinker or two". It's like literally half the guy's starts - he's a Jeckyl & Hyde kind of guy. I mean... yeah, I like him better than Andy at this point too, so agreed on that point, but let's be sure we're being honest with what we have in Nilsson.

Going off memory here

He came in and played regularly with Andy out and he looked great. Andy returned, the rotation starts, less work, numbers go down. Just a thought.

He did have a couple rough games in there but we also had a few games in there where as a team we caved

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You don’t have to care or respond. Just giving feedback from the people I was speaking to.

If you would rather people not respond to what you say, maybe you shouldn't share it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. Your ragging on the fanbase is growing very thin however.

Last edited:
Reactions: Engineer

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If you would rather people not respond to what you say, maybe you shouldn't share it.

I'm trying to be a jerk here. Your ragging on the fanbase is growing very thin however.

I differentiate between the fanbase and the customer base. Large fan base. Not so large customer base.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
- I think Boedker is the guy that needs to be bought out since he hardly plays much & keeps getting benched & makes $4 mil.
- they should just let Condon play in Belleville next season & be an injury callup. It's his last yr next season & he is likely done after that in the NHL.
- while Nilsson has had some good games, he has also has some stinkers & doesn't look like an NHL starter but more like a decent backup. IMO they should just let him walk at the end of the season along with most of the other UFAs.
- Anderson will be in his last yr next season with Hogberg as the backup I assume. If Hogberg doesn't show the promise of a starter Ottawa has to find a new #1 goalie next season that can carry this team for the next few yrs at least. Anderson could be re-signed as a backup, but not a starter after next season or as a goalie coach. Ott needs to find a good young #1 goalie if the guys in their org don't pan out, Daccord G should be interesting to watch next yr in his first full pro season.

Agree that Boedker should be bought out but he will no be as that would be an admittance of another GM failure. Anderson will be here next year as the team does not have an NHL level goaltender to make him expendable, plus the GM signed him so . . . If Condon gets healthy he should get bought out as I see little value in retaining him. Nilsson would just add the salary costs if signed so I think he gets signed only if Condon gets bought out. The two youngsters can play in Belleville.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I differentiate between the fanbase and the customer base. Large fan base. Not so large customer base.

And who should want to grow the customer base? The fanbase?!

Ottawa is a small market and Melnyk did spent to the cap for a few years. He needed to do more to grow the customer base, he didn't. Instead he blamed the customer base for giving up on him after Alfie gave up on him.

Reactions: Deku

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. Your ragging on the fanbase is growing very thin however.
I think you are. There is always a lot of blue jerseys, and tonight will be more than usual. Turn down your sensitivity dial. In am not the one who started an attendance tracker that is full if mostly trolls revelling in bad attendance. While I defend them from being ridiculed.

I'm not ragging on the fan base giving a report from ticket execs. That is news

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
They scored 7 goals last night from
Marleau, Matthews(2), marincin, muzzin(2) and hyMan

That’s a lot of guys with ‘M’s. Front page news?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Ah Melnyks favourite type of game. A sold out arena at higher ticket prices.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
In the Sens box last night, the execs said it will be an unprecedented amount of blue tomorrow. Truly a night where it will be more than Sens fans , by far.

They have accomplished their inevitable goal knowingly or not which was turning away sens fans

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
They have accomplished their inevitable goal knowingly or not which was turning away sens fans

Do you really belueve that the GOAL was to turn Sens fans away? That this is a strategic objective. Really? You believe that?

If you believe that, then the question is to what end? Why would they do that? The only viable answer is to prepare to move the franchise.

Reactions: topshelf15

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I just hope the night goes without major incident and that the staff at CTC are ok. Most Leaf fans act like people but there are more than a few assholes looking to harass others, destroy property, and just generally act like total degenerates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad