Confirmed with Link: Leafs re-sign Connor Brown (3 years; $2.1 AAV)

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Leivo 6'2" 195lbs
Hyman 6'1" 205lbs
:help:
The Hyman hate is so strong that the laws of gravity have changed.

and where was all the Hyman love last off season before he we found out he was Babcock's child ?

I never saw anyone penciling him on AM's line or on a scoring line but now since we found out he's Babcocks son he has a legion of supporters which leads me to believe very few give a damn about Hyman but instead feel the need to blindly follow every decision the coach/mgmt make .

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
and where was all the Hyman love last off season before he we found out he was Babcock's child ?

I never saw anyone penciling him on AM's line or on a scoring line but now since we found out he's Babcocks son he has a legion of supporters which leads me to believe very few give a damn about Hyman but instead feel the need to blindly follow every decision the coach/mgmt make .

Hey wow that's great you hate Hyman. Can you create a thread about it so I can mute your useless opinions and instead read about and discuss brown in the brown thread?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Hey wow that's great you hate Hyman. Can you create a thread about it so I can mute your useless opinions and instead read about and discuss brown in the brown thread?

nice deflection but i wasn't the one who originally brought up Hyman in this thread and just because i'm not a sheeple doesn't mean i need to be attacked by the flock

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
who cares about buying into Hyman's ufa years ? 4th line energy players like him scramble to get even a 2 year deal near the league min every off season

Hyman got the deal he did because Babcock loves hard working untalented players for some reason and pushed to have him overpaid .

Brown's deal is fair for both sides with maybe the team getting a slight win due to getting the third year . However if compared to what Hyman signed for he did have to settle for less .

While I think I have a higher opinion of Hyman than you (I think he's useful support player) I do agree in the sense that I dont like giving big contracts to support players because it's essentially low reward medium risk.

And this deal in particular has some bizzar elements (the NTC).

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Au contraire Hyman haters are the flock.

where were you and the rest of the sheeple last off season because i didn't read any of you saying he should be played on a scoring line ?

and saying Hyman's a 4th liner and should be paid as such doesn't mean your a hater

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
nice deflection but i wasn't the one who originally brought up Hyman in this thread and just because i'm not a sheeple doesn't mean i need to be attacked by the flock

Sheeple is plural.

Maybe you didn't bring him up but you sure want to talk about him a lot. This is a thread on the signing of Connor brown

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
While I think I have a higher opinion of Hyman than you (I think he's useful support player) I do agree in the sense that I dont like giving big contracts to support players because it's essentially low reward medium risk.

Brown is an offensive support player. If you don't sign these support players young and cheap, you end up having to trade for them with salary retained or signing them in the open market and that's expensive. In that regard, there is actually a high pay off for these support players as teams overpay for them all the time. What we're seeing happening here is the Chicago model where you groom these support players from their ELCs, you get good years out of them then you trade them away to teams ho think they're more than they are because they won a cup and have been playing sheltered minutes for several seasons.

Also, the contract does not have a NTC.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
where were you and the rest of the sheeple last off season because i didn't read any of you saying he should be played on a scoring line ?

and saying Hyman's a 4th liner and should be paid as such doesn't mean your a hater

"4th liner" is the simplistic view of player value and roles I was referring to. Thanks for proving my point. Where your Hyman thread?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Brown is an offensive support player. If you don't sign these support players young and cheap, you end up having to trade for them with salary retained or signing them in the open market and that's expensive. In that regard, there is actually a high pay off for these support players as teams overpay for them all the time. What we're seeing happening here is the Chicago model where you groom these support players from their ELCs, you get good years out of them then you trade them away to teams ho think they're more than they are because they won a cup and have been playing sheltered minutes for several seasons.

Also, the contract does not have a NTC.

I was referring to Hymans deal.

I'm very haply with what Brown signed for, looks to be a steal of a deal by the team

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Sheeple is plural.

Maybe you didn't bring him up but you sure want to talk about him a lot. This is a thread on the signing of Connor brown

Hyman has been brought up because he has also been recently signed and people are comparing contracts .

"4th liner" is the simplistic view of player value and roles I was referring to. Thanks for proving my point. Where your Hyman thread?

and how would you value him as a player ? he's a hard working extremely limited offensive player who's best suited playing on the 4th line mins

because Babs loves these type of players doesn't change the type of value he has to me

Everytime someone disagrees with you...

no i asked where was all the Hyman support last off season before people realized he was Babs pet project and all i hear is crickets

I can easily point to many people supporting/believing Kap can become a quality player who'll end up somewhere in the top 9 including myself even with his limited showing last season but i have yet to read anyone (outside of maybe his family) who wanted Hyman playing on an offensive line last off season .

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
and how would you value him as a player ? he's a hard working extremely limited offensive player who's best suited playing on the 4th line mins

because Babs loves these type of players doesn't change the type of value he has to me

I've discussed this at length to only deaf ears, words lost in all the baa baa baa of the Hyman-hating sheeple flock. You should create a thread for it so I can promptly mute your parroting that has been painfully reinforced by the ill-informed for almost a year now.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

I agree he is a useful support player if he's played in a proper role and if a team has a need. My problem is if we don't move any frwds in trades i don't want to see better players like Brown bumped down the lines or Kap in the minors because Babs has a strange obsession with him .

and yea giving him that ntc is strange

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I agree he is a useful support player if he's played in a proper role and if a team has a need. My problem is if we don't move any frwds in trades i don't want to see better players like Brown bumped down the lines or Kap in the minors because Babs has a strange obsession with him .

Offense needs to be spread not stacked cfr basically every cup winner in the last 10yrs who play role players in the first line.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I've discussed this at length to only deaf ears, words lost in all the baa baa baa of the Hyman-hating sheeple flock. You should create a thread for it so I can promptly mute your parroting that has been painfully reinforced by the ill-informed for almost a year now.

lucky for us we have you here to explain to the "ill-informed" how an unskilled energy player serves an invaluable role on this team

I may have missed it so maybe you can link where you were saying this last off season before you realized he was Babs mvp .

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
lucky for us we have you here to explain to the "ill-informed" how an unskilled energy player serves an invaluable role on this team

I may have missed it so maybe you can link where you were saying this last off season before you realized he was Babs mvp .

Create your Hyman thread and I just might.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
who cares about buying into Hyman's ufa years ? 4th line energy players like him scramble to get even a 2 year deal near the league min every off season

Hyman got the deal he did because Babcock loves hard working untalented players for some reason and pushed to have him overpaid .

Brown's deal is fair for both sides with maybe the team getting a slight win due to getting the third year . However if compared to what Hyman signed for he did have to settle for less .

You really think Babs would line up against management to overpay any player? This would actually make Babs' job more difficult as it means less money to go around for everyone else.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

you know you can mute/ignore posters right? he doesn't need to make a thread just put him on ignore, if you don't like his posts

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Offense needs to be spread not stacked cfr basically every cup winner in the last 10yrs who play role players in the first line.

who said anything about stacking our lines ? We could have triedany of Brown/Levio/Kap with AM and Willie instead of an offensive black hole like Hyman .

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

We have to see how this plays out, not just the now look at the contract but the future as well.
I think it was Cor who said (and I agree), a line of Hyman...Kadri...Brown is an excellent mix for us moving forward. If Komarov is dealt (or not re-signed), this could be a long term move for us as well.
Hyman is more than a 4th liner IMO. Martin and Moore are 4th liners. They have a specific function. Hyman for all the other things he can do (multiple functions) is above that.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
The problem is some fans are smarter, wiser, know more about hockey, have more experience, and know more about winning then Brendan Shanahan, Lou Lamoriello, Kyle Dubas, Mark Hunter, Brandon Pridham, etc. I would fire them all and hire Wonder Dan personally.

Really? God bless you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad