RiellyHainsey
GardinerZaitsev
Rosen*Carrick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Anderson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

one77

Dec 22, 2013
I've always said Brown or Komarov should be on the Bozak/JVR line. Marner should be on the Kadri/Marleau line though...

Reactions: saffronleaf

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Moore and Marner looks like it could be dangerous. Hopefully Brown can provide some much needed defense.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Deserved demotion for Marner. Hopefully he learns to hustle like Moore and Martin because he’s looked very uninspired out there

He’ll still get PP time to get some points and pick it up offensively, but his feet just aren’t moving as I’ve grown accustomed to seeing

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Not sure that solves things though. That line needs Bozak off for a center who can actually help the transition, or they need Nylander on the wing. I don't think Brown solves the zone exit issue, so I fear this will just make us take a step back.

I wouldn't just blame Bozak though...

JVR and Marner were also at fault to a degree...

The line really wasn't this bad last season (at any 5 game stretch, really...)... but its the right move to split em up to try and get them going... Nothing should be taken for granted in this league.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Deserved demotion for Marner. Hopefully he learns to hustle like Moore and Martin because he’s looked very uninspired out there

He’ll still get PP time to get some points and pick it up offensively, but his feet just aren’t moving as I’ve grown accustomed to seeing
lol Marner's problem isn't hustle, he give 110% every shift. The problem is it's unnecessary hustle. He just looks lost sometimes and then tries really hard to get back into position.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
I personally would like Marner to watch for a couple games and let Leivo have a go at the 4th line. I think Marner is benefiting from such a talented team with lots of shiny objects to watch. When Kadri was going through his funks early on they had no problem sending him down to develop or sit some.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
this kinda makes sense. Marner has looked horrible defensively. Imo, worse then his linemates. Brown will be an improvement in that sense.. and marner could potentially add a little scoring touch to the fourth line.

Just hope it's not too soon. As poor as marners play has been.. he still has 4 points in 5 games. And even nylander couldn't get anybody on the fourth line to score last year.

Let's hope it lights a fire, and works in similar fashion to how it did for nylander, and doesn't just hurt his confidence.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
lol Marner's problem isn't hustle, he give 110% every shift. The problem is it's unnecessary hustle. He just looks lost sometimes and then tries really hard to get back into position.

I think that sums it up, imagine being a 18 year old in playing so-so, what must be going through his head. he is going to have a game soon where he looks like the Mitch of last year, dangerous on almost every shift. One thing he did exceptionally well last year was back check and puck retrieval, when we see him doing this well, that will be the first sign of last years Mitch coming back.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
this kinda makes sense. Marner has looked horrible defensively. Imo, worse then his linemates. Brown will be an improvement in that sense.. and marner could potentially add a little scoring touch to the fourth line.

Just hope it's not too soon. As poor as marners play has been.. he still has 4 points in 5 games. And even nylander couldn't get anybody on the fourth line to score last year.

Let's hope it lights a fire, and works in similar fashion to how it did for nylander, and doesn't just hurt his confidence.

This isnt some longterm thing.
Marner most likely just spend 2-3 games on the 4th line and hopefully gets the message because thats exactly whats being sent right now by this.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Marleau-Kadri-Marner will never happen under Babcock
Babcock likes 2 skilled players on a line with a defensive forward who's solid along the boards

Hopefully Marner wakes up next game then I'm sure his 4th line demotion will be a short one

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Love Mitch, but he deserves the demotion and hopefully it's a wake up call for him.

In general that entire Bozak line is horrendous defensively, but -6 is glaring.

Wish he would also shoot more instead of trying to skate in circles around the net all the time trying to make the perfect play. He's a talent no doubt, but tries to look for too much when the opportunity to get a shot off is there for the taking.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->