GDT: Leafs@Panthers 7:30 PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
DXCzJRVXUAATbwn.jpg:large

Tuesday NHL game preview: Toronto Maple Leafs at Florida Panthers

Panthers goalie Roberto Luongo was tough on Leafs last time they met.

Tuesday NHL game preview: Toronto Maple Leafs at Florida Panthers | Toronto Star

luongo_leafs.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x761.jpg

Leaf Tyler Bozak loses the handle on Roberto Luongo's doorstep when the Panthers visited the Air Canada Centre. The Panthers host the Leafs on Tuesday. (Rick Madonik / Toronto Star file photo)

By Mark ZwolinskiSports Reporter
Mon., Feb. 26, 2018

BB&T ARENA
FACEOFF:
7:30 p.m.
TV: TSN
RADIO: Sportsnet 590 The FAN
KEY PLAYERS
Luongo/McElhinney
Panthers goalie Roberto Luongo was spectacular in a 1-0 loss in Toronto last week, turning aside 30 of 31 shots. James van Riemsdyk’s quick turnaround shot from the left slot was the only one to beat him. Luongo is 3-1-0 since returning from a lower-body injury that sidelined him for two months. Backup Curtis McElhinney, with a tidy 2.24 goals-against average and .932 save mark in 11 appearances, should get the start for the Leafs in the second half of a back-to-back.
NEED TO KNOW
Florida sits five points behind Columbus in the Eastern Conference wild-card hunt. They’ve kept hope alive by winning nine of their past 12 games, including emotional wins over Pittsburgh and Washington, a come-from-behind effort, last weekend . . . Winger Evgenii Dadonov had his career first hat trick against Pittsburgh.
UP NEXT
Saturday at Washington Capitals (outdoors), 8 p.m.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
McElhinney has been great for us as far as numbers are concerned while not always looking great in net, hope he can continue that tonight.

Keep putting pressure on Boston. A win coupled with a loss for Boston against Carolina puts us up 4 points. They would still have 5 games in hand but they would definitely feel the pressure. Boston has a brutal March schedule.

Washington game is at 8PM?

Yeah...so I guess we don't have to worry about the Leafs not being able to see each other with their all white jerseys. Game will be played under lights.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Back at it tonight.

3rd game in 4 nights, after playing the B's/Lightning .. Hopefully it's not a let-down game and they bring some effort. Games in Florida always seem to be a struggle for the team.

Get a couple of points tonight and hope the B's lose to gain more ground on them.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Back at it tonight.

3rd game in 4 nights, after playing the B's/Lightning .. Hopefully it's not a let-down game and they bring some effort. Games in Florida always seem to be a struggle for the team.

Get a couple of points tonight and hope the B's lose to gain more ground on them.

TBH I'm not expecting to pick up any points.

But I do like surprises!

I was surprised to see the Flyers in 1st.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
We had 3 back to backs(also 3 in 4 nights) left on the season and 3/4 points so far is awesome in what is the most difficult one.

Florida is rested and will be tough to be tonight coming off the high of taking out the cup champs on Saturday so wont be surprised if we drop this one tonight but who knows. This team seems to be able to beat anyone right now, even without Matthews.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

No doubt Tampa wondering about that scrub Hedman being the worst player for them at only 50% when they had a 62-38% Corsi advantage. Its not like hes playing the toughest minutes out there......

Its almost like the Florida game (when he was the best D), the 48% against the Isles (Gards was at 23%) and the 58% versus Boston never happened. Certainly is fashionable to rip on him right now.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Tough year for Zaits ... Could be post-contract-itis magnified by his injury earlier in the season. A bit inconsistent and underwhelming

He still has one more year until his NTC kicks in so I would give him another season to see if he rebounds/improves .. Personally I think he'll be fine and we just have to be patient

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Tough year for Zaits ... Could be post-contract-itis magnified by his injury earlier in the season. A bit inconsistent and underwhelming

He still has one more year until his NTC kicks in so I would give him another season to see if he rebounds/improves .. Personally I think he'll be fine and we just have to be patient
He just had a baby too and reportedly was struggling with sleep and stuff. And he's still young. Just needs some time.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He just had a baby too and reportedly was struggling with sleep and stuff. And he's still young. Just needs some time.

that's what I keep saying.
Second year (yes i know he's older it doesn't matter, people!)
Baby Brain
Post-Contractitis. (It's sooooo a thing)
and he's coming off a broken foot.

i think he needs time is all.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Like I have said before.

This is a non-playoff team, despite them playing better of late, there’s no excuse not getting the 2 points.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
The worrying part about Zaitsev for me is when he is put under any pressure he tries these no look clearances around the boards that always get stopped by the opposing defender at the blue line.

Hopefully this is just a lack of confidence but it really negatively impacts his possesson play.

Reactions: hockeyes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad