Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I feel like this is what Tampa is doing to the Leafs. To me they are kinda playing the long game, hitting everything in sight and looking to wear down our boys and last night it was obvious they were targeting Giordano and Lily every chance they got. Over a long series that starts to have an effect. I'd like to see the Leafs do the same.

Yeah, it’s normal playoff style attrition. You go muscle on soft targets and vulnerabilities of your own choosing. Quinn’s teams did it to Wade Redden every year and tried to do it to Scott Niedermayer. Bruins repeatedly did it to Jake Gardiner. You don’t cancel out tough guys with tough guy antics. By Game 7, they’re feeling wobbly in the legs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
A lot of people trashing on Simmonds...I thought he played great the 1st game and tried to do the right thing in the 2nd game but got a little careless. He is one of the few who will stand up to anyone and drop em if he needs to and I think the leafs are worse off if he isnt playing against Tampa. For the record I was not a fan of his this year for the most part but the last several games I have liked what he brings....just needs to be a little smarter. Same with Clifford.

this and how bout getting in Vasi's grill like they were doing to Campbell. I was waiting for a little bit of retaliation for clearly making things uncomfortable for Soup but it never came.

Tampa was accidentally piling on Campbell a lot in Game 2. Fair game. They just happen to have the best goalie of his generation. Also fair game.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
If Simmer or Clifford play again they should just do what Maroon did and grab one of their stars and start going to town. Take the trade off. Hell, wail on Vasilevsky for all I care, get us the ****ing series win any way possible.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Take Simmonds out, put in Spezza, if you are going to take stupid penalities particularly the one that made it 3-1 then you need to sit

Wayne Simmonds decided to be a f***ing idiot last night and for that he needs to sit tomorrow

Reactions: BigGulpsEh

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
I would take their 4th line over ours in a heartbeat. They are shit disturbers and got in Campbells grill every chance they could all while not crossing the line into penalty land. Its what I want from our 4th line.
Tell it to Kyle Dubas. He's still slotting in water bugs on 4th line, like Blackwell.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I would take their 4th line over ours in a heartbeat. They are shit disturbers and got in Campbells grill every chance they could all while not crossing the line into penalty land. Its what I want from our 4th line.
Except Maroon took a bad penalty by hitting our defensemen into Campbell. Only difference is we didn't make him/them pay by scoring a PP goal.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
What would you do?
Devise plays, probably picks like in basketball, with Marner leading the guy shadowing Matthews into Bunting or one of the D'men to free up Matthews for his shot without causing interfernce. It will be tough but don't see the Leafs coming up with any plan and not sure that the young guns are disciplined enough to follow any plan even if they do. The bottom line is the top line has to be most effective. They really don't have much else in the way of offense.

Reactions: ZEBROA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad