Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-3

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If the Leafs can go .500 the rest of the way Florida need to go 14-3-2. (129 pt pace)

TeamGLWLOTLPTS
Leafs .5001477099
FLA191432100
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Pretty tall order

Florida looks like they may be able to steal the #8 seed from CBJ setting up a first round match-up with the Lightning. Here's hoping Bobby Lou has one good round left in him.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
When the team gets pushed around physically, people will blame the refs. NHL refs are usaually pretty good, and I almost never see favouritism. Any miss calls are usually incompetence from constantly changing standards.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Looked they were the better team last night just got all the bad bounces.
Was suppose to attend but had to bail at the last moment, looks like I had a lucky escape.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006

I'm still in the belief that the Leafs got super unlucky last night. Yes the defense needs to do a better job with boxing people out and negating those deflections but Buffalo's whole game plan seemed to stem from their d point shots and bodies in front.

With 4 regulars out including Eichel, playing 3 rookie defensemen and their backup goalie what did you expect?

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Saw the challenge goal this morning.

I’m officially on the “I don’t know what goalie interference is” train.

I don’t know how you can make that contact with the goalie and it be called a goal, after we saw Matthews stick tap the goalies blocker and it get called off.

If it stays 4-2 and the Leafs get that 4-3 goal, maybe they rally to sneak out a point.

And then add in the ref skating directly into the passing lane of our defense, causing it to deflect right to ROR all alone in the slot, and it just wasn’t the Leafs night.
I think the fact that Freddie came out leaving only one skate in his crease and then tried to block the forward from getting the puck--pushing out with his left arm and causing the collision-was why the nhl gods in Toronto called it as they did. As for passing lane--even Toronto announcers admitted the play is to whip it around the boards. Leafs had enough bad bounces without looking for more excuses.

Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think the fact that Freddie came out leaving only one skate in his crease and then tried to block the forward from getting the puck--pushing out with his left arm and causing the collision-was why the nhl gods in Toronto called it as they did. As for passing lane--even Toronto announcers admitted the play is to whip it around the boards. Leafs had enough bad bounces without looking for more excuses.

I thought the contact was initiated by Andersen and called it a good goal right away.

I'd rather they use up the bad calls before the playoffs begin.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Our best player is injured and he still loves to balance the line up. Stack the top 2 lines and let the grinders play in the bottom six. Hyman and brown are good pros so Kapanen does not get a promotion smh. That line was garbage

Yup, the line was garbage AND Nylander looked like he was playing great. When Willy is feeling it, why not give him some wingers who are capable of at least receiving passes?

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Anyway who wants to make the bet?

If we win ONE playoff game I delete my account. Boom gone.

If we get swept or don't even make the playoffs - you either (depending on how old account is) delete your account (2 years or less old), stop posting for the entire offseason + the first 41 games.

If you don't have a lot of posts you are not eligible for this bet.

This team is fodder with a bad coach. I'll put some respect on that.

Account for Account les go.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Bad bounces, one line effort. Hard to watch...yet their goalie played well and the officials didnt help

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

If we get swept or don't even make the playoffs - you either (depending on how old account is) delete your account (2 years or less old), stop posting for the entire offseason + the first 41 games.

I am 100% down with that. Lets do it.

I'll delete my account if the Leafs fail to make the playoffs or win a playoff game.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

I'll delete my account if the Leafs fail to make the playoffs or win a playoff game.

Its hot in here.

Got to imagine they win at least a couple of PO games

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017

Not taking that bet. The stakes aren't equal. Your account is way older and more active.

You just stop posting for the entire offseason and 41 games in.

There is no way this team, as it is built, with this coach wins one single playoff game. This isn't last year going up against the playoff choker caps. We are dancing with a big boy team - a Boston or a Tampa.

If the unthinkable happens and we end up vs Washington (Doubtful, looking like Pittsburgh now) then you have a chance. If we end up against the Burgh? None.

Deal?

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Its hot in here.

Got to imagine they win at least a couple of PO games

Only if the stars align and they get Washington.

Tampa, Boston, Pittsburgh all sweep them with ease.

Andersen is back to earth. Defense is as bad as ever. Coach is still making dumb mistakes and sabotaging any chance we have. Our players still have low hockey IQ.

This team is a house built out of cards. A wet roll of toilet paper. Thin ice on a blistering hot day.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
When the team gets pushed around physically, people will blame the refs. NHL refs are usaually pretty good, and I almost never see favouritism. Any miss calls are usually incompetence from constantly changing standards.

The NHL officials on Buffalo ice last night assisted on the O'Rielly goal, may as well have scored the Larsson goal on the interference non call. All they needed to do was rough up a Leaf and they'd have had a Gordie Howe hat trick.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The NHL officials on Buffalo ice last night assisted on the O'Rielly goal, may as well have scored the Larsson goal on the interference non call. All they needed to do was rough up a Leaf and they'd have had a Gordie Howe hat trick.
The bounce off the ref right before O'Reilly scored made me upset a lot more compared to their other bounces prior to that.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

why? i like you as a poster. i don't wanna see u gone

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
What's the problem?

You guys think alike, both love to crap all over the Leafs every chance you get. His prediction should be right up your alley.
nah the leafs will win a playoff game for sure

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
why? i like you as a poster. i don't wanna see u gone

Not a chance I lose this. If the bet goes sideways, I get to enjoy a Leaf playoff win and thus my thoughts on the team (that it's bad as constructed with a bad coach) are wrong and hold no value. I should bow out.

If the bet goes my way, I'm once again proven right (as I have been about this team and coach for awhile) AND I take a loud mouth with me.

My time is limited here anyway. A big mod has it out for me. I'm doing my best to dodge his nonsense but I'm one nerve pushed away from being banned.

Besides - this site is pretty bad, tbh. Massive memory leaks, have to turn on adblock to make it even load decently and then twitter links don't work, etc.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Not a chance I lose this. If the bet goes sideways, I get to enjoy a Leaf playoff win and thus my thoughts on the team (that it's bad as constructed with a bad coach) are wrong and hold no value. I should bow out.

If the bet goes my way, I'm once again proven right (as I have been about this team and coach for awhile) AND I take a loud mouth with me.

My time is limited here anyway. A big mod has it out for me. I'm doing my best to dodge his nonsense but I'm one nerve pushed away from being banned.

Besides - this site is pretty bad, tbh. Massive memory leaks, have to turn on adblock to make it even load decently and then twitter links don't work, etc.
well i'll miss you if you leave

Sep 18, 2009
Leafs management sat down.
They said
Let's acquire Plekanec
To solidify our 4th line
Then they said
Our defense is good enough
WHAT
AHL defense
This season is a waste
I will see you guys at the draft