Recalled/Assigned: Leafs Loan Rasmus Sandin to Marlies | Re-Call Kevin Gravel

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Lol who gives a **** about the 9 game rule. Our window is the next three years and he is more than capable of playing in the NHL. Ten times smarter than Cody Ceci.

:huh: Not even close. Year 4&5 from now are going to have better cup odds. The 3 kids will be in their prime and the cap will have had more time to go up, Dubas’ development system more time to produce and Dubas more time to shape the defense.

If anything the 3 previous years were a cup opportunity because the kids were all on ELCs. These 3 less so due to cap, then clear sailing afterwards.

Reactions: Duffman955

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Man I’m not ageist in the slightest but there’s some hella cringy posts in here that scream baby boomer hockey to me which I thought fans realized is in the past.

Also some heavy anti dubas/anti Babcock hate going on here. There’s a way to get your point across without insults. We’re all cheering for the same team let’s act like it.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs are going to flip Ceci at some point this season, after Dermott is 100%.

Cody Ceci for Adam Lowry & 3rd/4th

Lowry - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - Tavares - - Marner
Johnsson - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Micheyev - Gauthier - Moore

Rielly - Dermott
Muzzin - Barrie
Sandin - Gravel

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
This thread has been great at revealing which folks are so anti-Babcock / Dubas that they refuse to see this as a good move for a 19 year prospect who isnt quite ready.

Which it is.

There's also cap ramifications here linked to Dermott's return.

Whoever's idea it was (Dubas or Babcock) to send him back down, it was the right one.

Reactions: bax and Tak7

varano

Jun 27, 2013
:huh: Not even close. Year 4&5 from now are going to have better cup odds. The 3 kids will be in their prime and the cap will have had more time to go up, Dubas’ development system more time to produce and Dubas more time to shape the defense.

If anything the 3 previous years were a cup opportunity because the kids were all on ELCs. These 3 less so due to cap, then clear sailing afterwards.
Were also going to be goalieless

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think he's a top pairing defenseman but he will definitely benefit from increase playing time.

Its frustrating that we do not have anyone to bite back.
For sure. Top 4 guaranteed!
Right now the game is a bit too fast for him and he is a little weak for the NHL.
Let's see how his year goes and his strength increases.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
There is zero for Sandin to learn by sending him back down. If anything it will stagnate his development. Yes, he's going to make mistakes but he's a better skater and passer than Holl or Marincin and possesses a higher IQ.

Let me guess, Dubas decided to send him down because he took a hit to the head. Wtf? Welcome to the NHL Sandin. What kind of a soft team are we building here? smh

I agree. The speed of the NHL wasn't an overwhelming challenge for Sandin. He didn't play like a spectator like a certain other prospect. His sole weakness is his brave heart and fearless competitiveness. I'm wondering if Dubas and co. want Sandin to protect his own skin a little more. More than a few promising NHL careers have been derailed by a talented young player playing too recklessly. A minor recent example is Nikita Soshnikov who played far too aggressively for his build.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Whoever's idea it was (Dubas or Babcock) to send him back down, it was the right one.

Agreed.

He peaked in the pre-season, and has been fighting it ever since the season started.

Nothing wrong with that - he's young enough and got bags of potential.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Didnt Bob Mac say this was absolutely happening with Lily and Sandin ans 95% of leaf hf'ers said he was rdy??? this is why others crap on us on HF...

Yep - I said at the time the "they are ready!" crowd just didn't watch enough Marlies games last year.

This isn't a surprise to those of us who watched him regularly. He's so bright, but it was never a slam dunk he was going to be an NHL regular.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Leafs are going to flip Ceci at some point this season, after Dermott is 100%.

Cody Ceci for Adam Lowry & 3rd/4th

Lowry - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - Tavares - - Marner
Johnsson - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Micheyev - Gauthier - Moore

Rielly - Dermott
Muzzin - Barrie
Sandin - Gravel

Dermott couldn't even handle 2nd pair minutes and you're putting him on the top pairing?

That's all I need to know about your hockey knowledge

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Didnt Bob Mac say this was absolutely happening with Lily and Sandin ans 95% of leaf hf'ers said he was rdy??? this is why others crap on us on HF...

So others crap on "us" because of a tweet from May by Bobby Mac which you have remembered incorrectly and that misremembered tweet from months before camp trumps Babcock and the Leafs organization saying that Sandin was ready during camp? Top notch post.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Man I’m not ageist in the slightest but there’s some hella cringy posts in here that scream baby boomer hockey to me which I thought fans realized is in the past.

Also some heavy anti dubas/anti Babcock hate going on here. There’s a way to get your point across without insults. We’re all cheering for the same team let’s act like it.
not ageist....hella cringy....scream baby boomer hockey

perhaps you should lead by example there champ...I mean while you're up on that high horse and all!

This is exactly 'Da Place" to criticize,discuss,bemoan,chastise, condemn,rant...etc. when Babs maybe wins a round then maybe i won't second guess his poor decision making ability. I think he has shown/proven that he is over-rated. Hate? No,just calling it as I see it!

Reactions: Hustlr

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
not ageist....hella cringy....scream baby boomer hockey

perhaps you should lead by example there champ...I mean while you're up on that high horse and all!

This is exactly 'Da Place" to criticize,discuss,bemoan,chastise, condemn,rant...etc. when Babs maybe wins a round then maybe i won't second guess his poor decision making ability. I think he has shown/proven that he is over-rated. Hate? No,just calling it as I see it!
Sigh. Have a good one.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Dermott couldn't even handle 2nd pair minutes and you're putting him on the top pairing?

That's all I need to know about your hockey knowledge

Yeah, Dermott kinda had a bit of a rough one last season. Not sure if it was because switching sides mid season or what but he seemed not as comfortable. Leafs nation and lofty expectations go hand in hand.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
sometimes, maybe, but it could be any reason real or imagined.

Oh whatever, they get on us because of 67 and they have to hear our fans in every arena around North America. You guys are just being silly attention seekers right now. There is nothing special other than we don't win and want to win now.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Lol I’ve Been preaching to bring up Gravel for a while but I had no idea it was gonna be for sandin.

How the hell is Marincin and Holl still on the team

I thought Holl played pretty good tonight, hey... he didn't make as many mistakes, but what ever right? Sandin was not sent down because he sucked, but because of his contract. He will be back, no worries.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Oh whatever, they get on us because of 67 and they have to hear our fans in every arena around North America. You guys are just being silly attention seekers right now. There is nothing special other than we don't win and want to win now.
Huh, what?

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
So others crap on "us" because of a tweet from May by Bobby Mac which you have remembered incorrectly and that misremembered tweet from months before camp trumps Babcock and the Leafs organization saying that Sandin was ready during camp? Top notch post.

Babcock on D: "What we got basically is we got about 10 guys there (in the mix). We got four (Muzzin, Barrie, Rielly, Ceci), well I think Sandin & then we got to figure out what we're going to do. We're in there doing that now & grinding away & debating."

Doesnt seem all certain but trying him out in the meantime... like many young players on elcs for the first handful.

Bob"My understanding of the situation is that there is no guarantee whatsoever. And I think it's a reach to suggest Timothy Liljgren and especially Rasmus Sandin. These guys are not NHL ready. Not prime time ready..."

hmm not sure what i missed here but ok. you can argue anything when you believe it that much I guess. Bravo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad