The Sun: Leafs interested in hiring Boudreau, McLellan, Hitchcock, Babcock, or Tippett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Know what's funny? Those who say Carlyle only won in Anaheim because he had HOF dmen, yet overlook the fact Babcock hasn't won without his.

Are you comparing Randy Carlyle to Mike Babcock :laugh:

Detroits roster at this point, isn't much, but look at what Babcock is doing with it compared to what Carlyle does with his teams.

:laugh: Trying to compare Carlyle to Babcock, that's hilarious.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
What sources does The Sun have? Sounds like pure speculation where they just named some good defensive coaches.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
First thing the team needs is a GM to hire his coach and not have Shannahan hire one for them.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
with the assumed direction of this team (blowing it up) i don't see a big name coach making all that sense

maybe tippett

but IMO i think Hunter's brother and maybe debour is the better idea at this point. establish a new culture

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
If they don't rebuild this team, not even Scotty Bowman could win in Toronto!

Time to suck it up and hit the re-set button on this team.

This this and this. It won't matter who's coaching this team until this roster is blown up. How many coaches will this core get before management wake up and realize this team sucks! I'd rather watch a crappy team and know that at least our cupboards and minor league systems are full of prospects that we've gained from a full tear down. I don't understand why people would rather hang on to this group for another year when we get the same damn results all the time. BLOW IT UP!!!

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
This this and this. It won't matter who's coaching this team until this roster is blown up. How many coaches will this core get before management wake up and realize this team sucks! I'd rather watch a crappy team and know that at least our cupboards and minor league systems are full of prospects that we've gained from a full tear down. I don't understand why people would rather hang on to this group for another year when we get the same damn results all the time. BLOW IT UP!!!

that's why i think a guy like Hunters brother might work
on same page as management , be their eyes and ears on the players
lets them know if a player fits or not for what they are trying to do

someone suggested babcock might come if they offered him GM and Coach

thats an interesting idea

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
that's why i think a guy like Hunters brother might work
on same page as management , be their eyes and ears on the players
lets them know if a player fits or not for what they are trying to do

someone suggested babcock might come if they offered him GM and Coach

thats an interesting idea

Tippett or Babcock would be great coaches for a rebuilding team. Learn the proper way, learn a good system, good habits etc.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
They just cut and pasted the list of coaches that might possibly be looking for new teams next year from a "Hockey News" article last August or September .

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Are you comparing Randy Carlyle to Mike Babcock :laugh:

Detroits roster at this point, isn't much, but look at what Babcock is doing with it compared to what Carlyle does with his teams.

:laugh: Trying to compare Carlyle to Babcock, that's hilarious.

Is that what I did Cor, or did I mention the fact both won with HOF dmen and neither has without them. Flip side of that though, at what point did Carlyle have a better team than Babcock?

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Please not Boudreau.

Not because I hate his coaching style or anything, but he is just a poor passionate Leafs fan who, even today, catches as many Leafs games as possible on tube.

And it is my humble opinion that no passionate leafs fan should have to do the fugly task of coaching these clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad