Post-Game Talk: Leafs hold on to win a thriller!

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Yup...we used to be the crappy team that went down by a big score and then after the better team let up we had the ballsy comeback third periods all the time and still lose.

glad we're not that team anynore.

and i even remember people here complaining that our shots for/against totals were always inflated because of that, too.

No game is perfect for any team and as long as there are flaws, there are fans that will criticize. I get it...as ridiculously good as the Hawks record is, I still see Hawks fan dissecting issues in their overall team play - but there's only so much time I'm willing to take to think about the issues after coming off a win and 2 points. It would take the fun out of being a sports fan if I spent so much time worrying about all of the imperfections that I didn't take the time to enjoy the win.

People are worried about the Leafs allowing the Isles and Sens back in games but this has been happening all across the league. There's an element of physical and mental fatigue that every player has to endure and to take a positive out of the scenario - a team that carved a reputation for being mentally weak has so far shown the mental fortitude to weather the storm by any means necessary.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
McLaren knocked out Dziurzynski, less than a minute into game. Was scary to see, Dziurzynski hit the ice and didnt move for a little bit. Had to get helped off.

Second fight was Orr vs Neil. Neil tied Orr up very well, although not many punches were thrown. Neil won that one, was a boring fight though.

I dont really think you can give the 2nd fight to anyone. Neil had to hug Orr the whole time to avoid a real fight. I guess its win for Neil if you consider he didnt get rear kicked as he would in a real fight vs Orr.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Neil can't beat orr in a real fight and he knows it...but that just makes what he did more inpressive. he knew hus team needed a lift after the other fight, so he did his duty and took on a trye heavyweight....showing not only balls and leadership but also using wily vet tactics to actually hold his own ib the fight

that's good stuff by neil.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Sens fan who was at the game. Here are my thoughts on some of the enemy players:

JVR: He's not a power-forward at all, but that's ok, because he has a ton of skill including a very deft touch when it comes to the puck. He played well. I was suprised by his skating. If he had some hate in his game, he would be unstoppable.

Kadri: He was pretty much invisible until his goal.

Grabovski: Had a few nice touches and passes, but didn't really do too much otherwise.

Bozak: Started well, but didn't look as good defensively as I thought he was.

Kessel: Looked excellent on the rush. His shot is ridiculous in person... I don't understand how he can get so much on it in so little time. He impressed me with his playmaking as well.

As a whole, the defensive core did not look great last night. They seemed very susceptible to the forecheck. Reimer looked good, but he definitely didn't get any help.

The Leafs finished their chances. You could see the skill difference. The Sens forwards flubbed shots and chances left-and-right, while the Leafs made most of them count.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Like the two points. Disliked that they tried their best to give away the game!

This team still susceptible to getting hemmed in their D zone! I don't like that the top line is the worst for this!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Neil can't beat orr in a real fight and he knows it...but that just makes what he did more inpressive. he knew hus team needed a lift after the other fight, so he did his duty and took on a trye heavyweight....showing not only balls and leadership but also using wily vet tactics to actually hold his own ib the fight

that's good stuff by neil.

Orr seemed very tired, was he at the end of his shift?

Neil and Orr have alot of respect for eachother, this was noticeable in their fight in 2011, they laugh and seem like two pals who just finished sparring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad