Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs, HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Its all on us. if we can shore up the D a bit, we might win.
Otherwise it could be another loss.

The Habs shot% is #31, while their shots are #5.
All of this will normalize at some point.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
If the Leafs chase Price. I'll tattoo the goal scorers that chase him's numbers on my ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rielly Good

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Is it more satisfying if the Leafs are 4-1 or he Habs 1-4 ?
Toss up for me.
Probably because I know so many Habs fans.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Price is usually godlike on Saturday nights, we haven't beat Montreal in the regular season in ages, and they are literally starved for goals.

So it would be super nice if the Leafs could win and end this 5-game sequence off right.

Reactions: Elephanto

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Huge momentum game tomorrow. We win (especially in convincing fashion) it sets the tone for the year. As a positive tone, and shows we can learn, and learn quick. If not it could possibly set the tone in a negative way. I mean the guys were warned twice or thrice about playing (not playing) defense. They got told the hard way the other night. That should wake them up. In the past, I would be more in doubt. But it seems with Babcock, they learn damn quick. May take a blow-out, but just 1 maybe 2 games. Before this would signal an 8 game losing streak.

The other thing to keep in mind is; we can probably outscore any team in the league, however, if you dont play any defense you will lose more than you win. Odd as well, last year players were saying "defense first and offense will take care of itself." Where did that go? I have noticed the forwards flying the zone, not giving our D an outlet (like the wilson/randy days). There are a few who dont do that, Matthews, Bozak are 2 that never do (unless on PP). Also have noticed, our first pass out is good, but the neutral zone passing has been bad. When you are a rush team (as to say most lines are dangerous more so on the rush than cycle), that neutral zone pass is the most important one. You nail that pass, you enter with speed, push the defense back and create. That is what NJ did real well against us. We all know the ice was crap, but NJ played on that same ice and had really no problem. I also feel that Marleau maybe on the move (line wise). First 2 games, Kadri's line was the most consistent. Against NJ, Kadri was the only good one on that line. Now Mike did say it would take time to figure out how to use him. I think they may need to move Brown up and Leo down. Komarov is good and all (in his role), but Brown is like Hyman, a puck hound.I guess we will see.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Thank you for this.

The Leafs had pretty good team back then, but was just not good enough.

A lot of grinders, who did not turn into stars.

Other players of note, there was Randy Carlyle, Mike Palmateer, Tiger Williams, too many favourites to mention.

Brings back a few memories.

:nod:

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
yep they have won like 14 straight against us, I hope Babs got them ready to fly, we gotta end this streak and start one of our own!

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Has carey price ever lost on Saturday night? Doesn't he have some crazy stat for hockey night in Canada?

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Leafs will be hungry after last night. I imagine coach Babcock had some things he went over with this group about how to fix their play.

I expect the Leafs to come out flying and play hard and fast hockey. The only really scary thing for me is, will Price stand on his frikken head yet again. Grrrr.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
It'll be nice to see how the Leafs respond tomorrow night. Here's hoping Gardiner and Rosen took in some video review over the past couple of days.

Wednesday's loss was just a blessing in disguise. We really have to experience those losses once in a while to keep the team honest. They'll learn so much more from losing than winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->