Speculation: Leafs going to give out some record breaking contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Matthews has almost 100% leverage over leafs gonna give the TML the classic matthews discout like he did on last contract. Would be shocked if less that 14x8.

Nylander will want at least tavares money so minimum 11x8.

Marner is a year after and guessing will take no less than 13x8.

On the plus side i think tavares will take a huge discount to stick around maybe 1-3mil aav past his current contract.

If you think about it, it is the easiest and safest path to continued TML success and they could still win despite outrageous contracts.

Will be lolz when tml fans heads and haters heads alike explode with these contracts.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Matthews has almost 100% leverage over leafs gonna give the TML the classic matthews discout like he did on last contract. Would be shocked if less that 14x8.

Nylander will want at least tavares money so minimum 11x8.

Marner is a year after and guessing will take no less than 13x8.

On the plus side i think tavares will take a huge discount to stick around maybe 1-3mil aav past his current contract.

If you think about it, it is the easiest and safest path to continued TML success and they could still win despite outrageous contracts.

Will be lolz when tml fans heads and haters heads alike explode with these contracts.

Cool so what you are saying is will be a treadmill team that is stuck winning nothing.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I don't see all three players signing for the maximum term this time when none of them went for it during the previous round of negotiations.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
If it's Matthews I support it.

Marner can gtfo if he wants to remain near to Matthews cap hit.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
1684758460795.png

?

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

Why are so many fans fascinated with the hometown discounts of players that are washed up?

Hopefully a new GM can come in now and find a way to convince JT to get traded.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Whats wrong with that? Think even a good chunk of the most die-hard leaf fans get a laugh or two or some of the wackiness/craziness/ridiculousness/media overkill/ etc that can only happen in leafland.

EDIT: For example, ken holland had some LOL stupid blunders for DRW like the abdelkader contract that red wings fans were mocking since day 1, matthews situation wont be nearly as bad, as even if matthews get a max contract, if he is a 50 goal scoring centre, hes worth it

Last edited:

GojuLeaf

May 3, 2010
You have to choose who to pay.
Is it Matthews everyone wants?
Then you move the rest and build a Seattle/Vegas team around him. One double digit player.
Nylander contract is fine... If it goes over 8.5... Then maybe not

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I think Matthews lands somewhere around 13M and continues on to be fully worth his price.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Whats wrong with that? Think even a good chunk of the most die-hard leaf fans get a laugh or two or some of the wackiness/craziness/ridiculousness/media overkill/ etc that can only happen in leafland.

EDIT: For example, ken holland had some LOL stupid blunders for DRW like the abdelkader contract that red wings fans were mocking since day 1, matthews situation wont be nearly as bad, as even if matthews get a max contract, if he is a 50 goal scoring centre, hes worth it
Just a cringe ass thread topic from a non-first leaf fan on the Leafs board.

Yeah 11m for Nylander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad