Post-Game Talk: Leafs Get Last Laughs

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
LOL! I'd love to know your realistic strategy for getting Anderson, Gallagher, Dvorak, Armia out of our bottom 6 to free up spots.
Dvorak is a C and Armia is both the cheapest and better player of the 3 wingers. Gally and Anderson goners if I had to choose 2/4.

Get one badass right winger somehow from here to September and just start phasing them out of icetime I figure.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
LOL! I'd love to know your realistic strategy for getting Anderson, Gallagher, Dvorak, Armia out of our bottom 6 to free up spots.
I think Dvorak could be moved because of his contract running out. Armia may have actually played himself into a position that he can get out too. Nobody would ever touch Gallagher and we just got to hope Anderson can find his game again.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think Dvorak could be moved because of his contract running out. Armia may have actually played himself into a position that he can get out too. Nobody would ever touch Gallagher and we just got to hope Anderson can find his game again.

Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if anderson bounced back. He may need a change of scenery for it to happen or maybe he just needs a new season.

If we remember back when the Habs got him, he had a miserable season in Columbus that year, then he bounced back too.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if anderson bounced back. He may need a change of scenery for it to happen or maybe he just needs a new season.

If we remember back when the Habs got him, he had a miserable season in Columbus that year, then he bounced back too.
He needs to have a hard look in the mirror and assess what he needs to change about his game in order to be an effective player. It's idiocy at this point to have him think of himself as a skill player. And despite his speed, instead of focusing on breakaways he should be working on his cycling and hitting, because he neglects those and that is why he ends up being useless because unless he's scoring he isnt effective.

He should be reinventing his game as he gets older anyway, and an Anderson who is just as streaky offensively but actually brings good forechecking and possession is worth having around. I think he needs to shift his perspective.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He needs to have a hard look in the mirror and assess what he needs to change about his game in order to be an effective player. It's idiocy at this point to have him think of himself as a skill player. And despite his speed, instead of focusing on breakaways he should be working on his cycling and hitting, because he neglects those and that is why he ends up being useless because unless he's scoring he isnt effective.

He should be reinventing his game as he gets older anyway, and an Anderson who is just as streaky offensively but actually brings good forechecking and possession is worth having around. I think he needs to shift his perspective.
Maybe, or he is going through some personal things that are affecting his performance.... who knows.

I just hope if it's something like that, he can get some closure on it, and come back with a clean slate.

I agree, unlike a guy like Gallagher who is clearly finished, Anderson still has something valuable to offer on the ice, so I hope he finds it.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

That was his shoulder injury season I believe. As far as we know, he's not playing injured this year.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Maybe, or he is going through some personal things that are affecting his performance.... who knows.

I just hope if it's something like that, he can get some closure on it, and come back with a clean slate.

I agree, unlike a guy like Gallagher who is clearly finished, Anderson still has something valuable to offer on the ice, so I hope he finds it.
Exactly he has plenty of tools but he has to take a breath and grow into a different role. I think it's clear he wants to be a difference maker but he is misplacing that energy IMO

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Anderson’s season is strange because if you looked at the numbers and his injury history, you would just think he’s inevitably starting to break down. But when you watch him play, even if he is one dimensional and has a lot of flaws to his game, he looks like he’s still very capable physically of playing like he has in the past.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In MTLs stage, the bottom 6 especially the 4th ljne should just be rebranding it.

To find guys who play 8 min a night and be tough and hit shouldnt be a major difficulty.

Swap out Ylonen with almost any AHL tough guy is about equal. Swap out White with a bigger center who leans on people. A bigger Pez, a tougher Pearson

Its more just bringing more then the clock wasters they currently have
It’s one thing to argue the logic of it in here, quite another to understand if MSL even values those types of players. Plus add Gorton to the mix and he was not exactly a proponent of toughness when he was at the helm of the Rangers. Remains to be seen.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It’s one thing to argue the logic of it in here, quite another to understand if MSL even values those types of players. Plus add Gorton to the mix and he was not exactly a proponent of toughness when he was at the helm of the Rangers. Remains to be seen.
Personally I’ve seen enough.

Reactions: Runner77

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Besides our big 3, Pez is one of our only forwards that I noticed on a regular basis. He was definitely out of his league taking on Reaves. But considering how Reaves was allowed to do pretty much anything he wanted last night. I'm glad someone had the stones to get in his face. I'm disappointed in Andy though, he should have been the one.

Pezz is not even close to being a legit NHLer. He’s chronically on the wrong side of the ice despite easy competition. 38% of expected goals this year which is absolutely abysmal.

Most of his hits are behind the play and useless.

He has a good compete level but it’s not enough. If we want to win we need better depth and getting rid of Pezz is part of it.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002

I fully agree. Was probably my biggest reservation about Gorton as its been a MTL organizational issue with past regimes as well

Not sure how Hughes plays in and his views. His college background might lead me to believe he might not view it as important either

I personally believe it still serves a purpose in todays NHL

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
LOL! I'd love to know your realistic strategy for getting Anderson, Gallagher, Dvorak, Armia out of our bot
I have no interest in moving Armia. Dvorak is waiver fodder IMO.
The other two I've already mentioned will be a problem.
As said previously we have to start fixing our bottom 6.
The RHP's Pearson's Pezzetta's White's Ylonen's can all take a hike.

Reactions: Runner77 and NewDef

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I have no interest in moving Armia. Dvorak is waiver fodder IMO.
The other two I've already mentioned will be a problem.
As said previously we have to start fixing our bottom 6.
The RHP's Pearson's Pezzetta's White's Ylonen's can all take a hike.
"The RHP's Pearson's Pezzetta's White's Ylonen's can all take a hike." Yep

Reactions: Runner77 and NewDef

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Pezz is not even close to being a legit NHLer. He’s chronically on the wrong side of the ice despite easy competition. 38% of expected goals this year which is absolutely abysmal.

Most of his hits are behind the play and useless.

He has a good compete level but it’s not enough. If we want to win we need better depth and getting rid of Pezz is part of it.
I agree with everything you've said. Though we need someone to replace him. Before we should look to get rid of him.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I had high hopes in Heineman who may grow into a 3rd / 4th line role at worse but his season this year is underwhelming. He may benefit taking Pezz role to see what he can do at that level for a 15-20 games next season.

Next season, Suz-Dach-Dvorak-Evans on center until Dvorak gets traded and maybe have Beck finish the season. Roy starting the year... not many spots available with a healthy roster... Gally finish next season and gets bought out. Anderson if he doesn't rebound is gone tdl or in a package in-season.

Interesting times, the core is really gelling and the pieces are identified.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Remember when people said Slaf had no offensive ability.

10064443.jpeg

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Oi! Since when does Toronto fans cheer louder than Montreal fans in Montreal? and Montreal gets bullied in their own barn, things sure have changed and needs to be righted.

Any word on how Michael, '' the human piñata '' Pezzetta is doing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad