Post-Game Talk: Leafs don't show up in Annapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i wouldn't be surprised if we missed the playoffs.

neah.

we're still 16 points ahead of Carolina and Columbus... and they have 17 games left to play (we have 15 left).

pretty impossible to miss unless we do a complete 18 wheeler.

Florida is on a crazy run... so I could see them winning most of the rest of their games. I don't see Carolina or Columbus doing that.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
neah.

we're still 16 points ahead of Carolina and Columbus... and they have 17 games left to play (we have 15 left).

pretty impossible to miss unless we do a complete 18 wheeler.

Florida is on a crazy run... so I could see them winning most of the rest of their games. I don't see Carolina or Columbus doing that.
Fair but you honestly never know.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Fair but you honestly never know.
92 points is likely enough to make the playoffs this year. We have 85 points with 15 games left.

We just need 7 points in 15 games and that should be good enough.

If we get 9 or 10 points, we're for sure in.

If we can't pick up those points in the next 15 games... we got problems.

edit: Carolina losing right now too which helps

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
What the hell kind of uniforms were those? I knew it was game when it became 5-3. Leafs looked like they were asleep.

Oh well the win streak couldn't last.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Does anyone else feel kinda bored of hockey lately? I had some hope that we would maybe catch Boston but I think our place in the standings is pretty much set in stone. And without Matthews this lineup seems to be geared to play a defensive style currently that's not really fun to watch. The bruins game was awesome but after Nylander got schooled against Tampa he pulled him away from playing C.

Just bring on the playoffs at this point please

Umm... Leafs still have to have their foot on the gas. Florida is red hot and they have 4 games in hand. Until you see that x beside the Leafs name, can not relax. As crazy as it may sound, if Leafs revert back to their losing ways from November to January, we can fall out of a divisional spot.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
92 points is likely enough to make the playoffs this year. We have 85 points with 15 games left.

We just need 7 points in 15 games and that should be good enough.

If we get 9 or 10 points, we're for sure in.

If we can't pick up those points in the next 15 games... we got problems.

edit: Carolina losing right now too which helps

We got problems if we only pick up 10 points, let alone 7. I'd like to see Leafs clear 100 points as they get into the playoffs. You seriously don't want to get in through the back door. Players can not have the same nonchalant attitude some of you guys have.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Umm... Leafs still have to have their foot on the gas. Florida is red hot and they have 4 games in hand. Until you see that x beside the Leafs name, can not relax. As crazy as it may sound, if Leafs revert back to their losing ways from November to January, we can fall out of a divisional spot.
When is the last time a team made up a 15 pt deficit with 19 games left?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
When is the last time a team made up a 15 pt deficit with 19 games left?

It's crazy, yes, but Leafs have to keep on winning. This is not the time to just cruise. Even if they can't catch us, do you really want the team to go in the playoffs crawling? I still have that sense of urgency. Leafs have to play with the same sense.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Leafs aren't crawling. That's the first time we've clear cut lost a game in over a month. The Tampa game could have went either way. We gave Florida the win. That game was weird. Then finally in how long, outside in the wind with shadows all over the ice we finally lose one with a stinker.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
i wanna say... Ottawa?
That's the closest. They had 69 pts with 63 games played, and were 3 back of Boston for the final wild card and 14 back of Detroit for the final divisional spot. Finished with 99 pts, 1 behind Detroit who took the last divisional spot.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Leafs aren't crawling. That's the first time we've clear cut lost a game in over a month. The Tampa game could have went either way. We gave Florida the win. That game was weird. Then finally in how long, outside in the wind with shadows all over the ice we finally lose one with a stinker.

I just want the Leafs to stay hungry and not get complacent like some fans are. People talk about the last games like they don't matter. They absolutely 100% matter.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I just want the Leafs to stay hungry and not get complacent like some fans are. People talk about the last games like they don't matter. They absolutely 100% matter.
I agree, and we have a shot at home ice, all be it a small one but its still possible!

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
We have less then 20 games to get a PP going and Babcock yet again throws 4th liners in the PP. It’s becoming a joke. I have full confidence we could beat Boston if we have a respectable PP, but right now don’t and we’re running out of time.

I’d rather go 1-17 with a stacked PP over 1-17 with this half and half PP. At least we know the stacked PP would generate some chances but were barely even getting a shot on net right now.

Reactions: IPS

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Such a weird game,

first I wanted to join the army.
Then I wanted to buy a truck.
Then I wanted coffee.

A replay came on, and man did I want that truck again!

another replay came on, and I really wanted some coffee!

Too much advertising in game now, thanks sportsnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->